thirty one; the arrival of sirius black & slytherin catch ups

Start bij het begin

"I played with a Muggle outside the house," his voice broke when he continued. "I was four. Four bloody years old. How was I supposed to know? I didn't understand, I couldn't understand. It was just a simple slap, but it got worse, if you can't tell by the scars."

Aria reached a hand out shakily to trace the reminders that were permanently etched into his skin. Sirius stiffened at the initial contact, but relaxed as her fingers tenderly brushed the skin, leaving behind nearly inconspicuous traces of goosebumps and shivers. He reached out for his shirt again consciously, but she grabbed his wrist and shook her head slightly. Pulling out a roll of bandages, she quickly wrapped his torso, before throwing him a clean shirt. 

"You'll make a very good healer one day," he praised.

"I still don't know if that's what I want to do," she admitted.

"What else do you want to do?" 

"I want to do healing, but I also want to be an Auror."

"I always thought you'd be a teacher."

"It would be nice, but I've always wanted to make an impact on the world, and I know I could do that through teaching too, honestly I'm not sure. I've grown up wanting to be a healer or an Auror, but perhaps that was simply because my parents did those things."

"It must be nice, always having that choice. I'm supposed to be the perfect pureblood heir and take over the family title and business."

"But what are you going to do?"

"I've alre-"

"Please Sirius, I know you. I know the only reason you stay in that blasted house is because of Reg. I know that you have dreams to rid the world of evil, to prove you're more than your last name. So don't give me some answer your parents have drilled into you, tell me what you, Sirius Orion Black want to do."

"I want to be a Hit Wizard."

"You'll make a good one one day. But right now, I suggest we go eat, I'm pretty sure mum's cooked up a whole feast in your honor."

Sirius grinned and stood up, sticking a hand out for the girl, which she easily took. He gripped her hand tightly, giving it a grateful squeeze. He was honestly quite glad he told Aria instead one of the boys. They would want to take action and try to convince him to leave. But he didn't want that, he'd rather have no one know, but it was nice having Aria know. She wouldn't tell him to stay or leave, she would listen when he needed her and she would patch him back up when he was falling apart. 

It was quite reluctantly that he finally let go of her hand as they approached the dining room. The feeling of her hand in his brought it warmth and comfort. Being deprived of physical affection as a child made him wary of it, but part of him always wished to experience it. Aria's light touch was as mysterious as it was magical to him. He never understood how a simple hold on his hand could bring him such warmth and sense of belonging. He couldn't even begin to fathom how the way she lightly brushed her fingers over his scars soothed him and calmed him down immensely. 

"I'm going into Diagon Alley tomorrow," Euphemia said as she cleared up the piles of dishes. "I need to visit the Apothecary and Ari's coming with me. So if anyone else needs anything, please let me know."

══════ ≪ ❈ ≫ ══════

August 2nd, 1974 -

The morning was burning hot, yet the three teenagers got on their brooms and ran several drills and played several games of Quidditch. Sirius was quite a good beater, he claimed it was because it was an excellent way to get his anger and rage out. But regardless, James was ecstatic, and if he ever became Quidditch captain, Aria was terrified of what he would put the poor team through. At noon Aria and Euphemia flooed to the Leaky Cauldron, and while Euphemia disappeared towards the potion ingredients, Aria made her way to Fortescue's Ice Cream Parlor. Grabbing a cup of chocolate and raspberry ice cream, she made her way upstairs into the private room she had booked.