Chapter Twenty-Four: Connor

Ellie is sleeping peacefully next to me. Ellie is...pretty. Yes, definitely pretty. She is really sweet, but I'm not really sure what I want her to be yet. Relationship wise of course. I think we're friends, and I don't want to screw that up you know? She seems so innocent. She seems so selfless. I'm basically a mess. I don't want to put that on her. I like her, but I don't know wether or not I like her as a friend. Moral dilemmas.
       "What are you thinking?" Ellie whispers to me. "Can't you just read my mind?" I whisper back. "I like giving people privacy." She whispered to me nonchalantly. I smile. That's sweet. "I was thinking..." I stopped for a second to look for the right words. "Nothing important." I tell her. I can't just say I was thinking about her. That's weird. She nodded.
"Good morning by the way." I tell her. "Morning." She responded. "I'm going to get up." She told me. What? "Okay?" She smiles at me and gets up. Okay...well that's nice. She grabbed her clothes and then went to the bathroom.
"Dude! you totally like her!" Evan whisper yelled at me. I shush him but he ignores me. "Last night I thought we were just joking, but you totally like her!" "Shut up!" I whisper yell back. "It's true." Devon whispers at us. "Use your power Devon. See that I don't like her. I don't like her." I told him making it easy for him to decipher wether or not it's a lie. "Wow. I didn't think that of that. Say it again." "I don't like Ellie." I tell him with a straight face. He makes a shocked face. "Lies! Lies!" He yells.
"What?" Ellie asks coming out of the bathroom. "Nothing." I tell her. Of course Devon ruins it and tells her. "We're seeing if Connor like you!" He tells excitedly. "Be quiet!" Grace tells us. "Yeah. Listen to Grace." I tell them. Again, they ignore me. Of course they do. "I can confirm if you like." Ellie tells me. "Yes." "I don't like Ellie." I say for Devon. I look over to Ellie. "He's telling the truth. So calm yourselves." Devon goes on a rampage of some sort and stomps off. We laugh at him for a bit and then we all disperse to get dressed. Grace leaves in her pajamas because doesn't want to get dressed.
       Ellie goes to leave as well, but turns around to look at me. She opens her mouth to speak, but nothing comes out. She turns around and walks away. Weird. It's probably nothing. I go to my room to get changed.