Chapter Nine: James

I tried to change the subject. I didn't know what to say. I felt so bad for her. She was so small, and father was so cruel to her. I wanted to ask her about it. I saw that she was crying though. I didn't want her to cry anymore, so I didn't say anything. I wanted to help her but I knew that then wasn't the chance. I realize now that I still have time to help her. So it'll be okay.
I let the kids have off after lunch, because they had already made a lot of progress today. The best part of being here for my summers is the food. The food, is amazing. Most of the time. Sometimes they just give us sandwiches, but whenever we complete a mission of any kind they give us great food.
I always hope that during the beginning weeks we don't have to do anything except train. But if we do, they'll get good food too. As long as now one gets hurt, food comes. I really love food. Will you stop thinking about food? You're making me hungry. Ellie complained. No. It's impossible I not think about food. Food is my life. Ice cream and a nice gluten free cookie is way to go. No. Absolutely not. Brownie sundae. You can't deny it. Interesting. Yeah, but no one makes a good gluten free brownie. It's true. They are all gross. There's a shop downtown that makes good gluten free brownies. You'll have to try them sometime. Those words are foreign to me. What even are you doing right now? Other then giving me brownie advice. I can't believe would spend her time off doing nothing. Well I don't really know her I suppose. I'm playing uno with everyone. I won twice. Just so you know. I'm terrible at uno. And you didn't invite me? I may not be good, but uno definitely is fun. It's not fun when teachers play. You'll make us behave. Plus it's our time off. I- I'm fun! Maybe not the best defense. That's what they all say. Yup. Not the best defense. I'm coming. Where are you? I might even win. I probably won't win. Okay. We're in Conner, Evan and Devon's room. Great.
I walk down to their room from mine, and hear them yelling. It was mostly Evan though. "I went out first. You can't do that!" "Yes, I can Evan. I'm sorry you didn't read the rules." Ooh. Grace is getting fiesty. "Calm down." I said trying to calm down the situation. But Evan jumped up. "Ellie! See! I told you guys. He's trying to make us behave!" Ouch. "Ok, ok, I'll stop. Sorry." Ellie got me a chair so I could sit around the table, and then sat back down in her chair.
"We just finished our game, so we can deal you in now." Grace explained to me since she was sitting next to me. I nodded. She dealt out the cards and I picked them up. They were great. She flipped over the first card and Connor went first who was in the other side of Grace.
We went around the circle for multiple times until I realized had one card left. It came to be my part, and got really excited. "UNO!" "Calm down."Ellie told me. "Sorry. What do I do now?" I said practically falling out of my seat from excitement. "Play your last card." "I can't though." "Then draw a card." "What?" But..."What do you mean what." "Don't I win?" "You have have to get rid of all your cards." "The name of the game is uno . One in Spanish." Ellie sighs. "It's true, that would make sense." Ellie commented. "Exactly! See! Ellie gets me!" I totally should win. "I wouldn't say that. We probably should call it anyways though. It's kinda getting late anyway." "It's eight." Said Devon. "So?" "Wait, does that mean I win?" Ellie nods. "Yeah it's late we should go." Everyone laughs but I'm being completely serious. "Okay. See ya. I'm going to bed. Good night all." "I won." This is great. I never win card games.
So apparently everyone was going to bed, so I ate a gluten free cookie and called it a day. I really do like cookies. Maybe I can get more for tomorrow. I probably should stop think about cookies. Didn't Ellie say she could get me gluten free brownies?

Author's Note: Oh gosh that was awful. Okay bye. -Your Loving Author.