Chapter Seven: James

After a good nights sleep, and a great breakfast, I decide that I'm ready to start the day. After a few flights of stairs, multiple attempts to cool down coffee, many odd stares for trying to cool down coffee, I finally make to the kids' rooms. I knock in first door, the girls room. "Go away!" Yelled Ellie. "You go away!" I said in a mocking voice. "But I'm trying to sleep!" Yells Grace. I smile. "That's what I'm trying to prevent Grace. Get up and get ready. Don't wanna miss breakfast!" They groaned. I chuckle to myself. They love me don't they? "No we don't James!" She read my mind! "Yay Ellie!" I hear Grace tell Ellie, "Now you've done it." I chuckle and walk to the boys room.
       "No! He's coming!" Yes. Yes I am. I knock on the door. Surprisingly, it opens. Connor appears in front of me and I hear Evan yell, "Negotiator on site!" "Hello James." Says Connor calmly. "Hi." "Five more minutes." Connor offers "Two."  I argue. "Three." "Zero. Final Offer." Evan yells to Connor once again. "I thought you said you were good at that." Connor shuffled and yawned. I closed their door and walked down the hall to wait for them.

           Time Skipppppppppp

       I met the kids outside, and explained instructions. "We're going to separate, and I'm going to work with each of you on your powers individually. Grace, you'll be starting. Follow me. I'll be back the rest of you. Work on your powers individually, or with a Buddy. Grace? Let's go." Grace stood up and stood behind me. I led her out behind to a track. "This place has everything. Wow." "It really does, doesn't it? Alrighty. Run a lap as fast as you can. I'll time you." I get out my handy dandy tablet. "Okay when you're ready." I tell her. She nods and takes off. As she does this I press the wonderfully accessible giant green button. As she nears the end of the lap I call out to her. "Do another!" She passes me and I press the lap button. An electronic stopwatch. Regular phones have those. It'd be easier. But of course, after I've been here forever, they still don't give me my phone. There's so many mobile games I wanna play, but no. Looks like I won't be crushing any candy. Grace rounds the corner once again and gives her the signal for her to run another lap. She nods, passes me and I press the lap button.
       After fourteen laps, I go to tell her to run another but she stops in front of me. "I'm going on strike." Grace said. I smile. "Okay." "Oh. Cool. How did I do?" "Great." "Am i hearing sarcasm? I hear
sarcasm." I shake my head no. "Okay." "Okay." She looks at me confused. I love confusing people. "Your time got slower as time went on." "Yeah I'm tired!" I smile. "That's good."
       After a few more minutes with Grace, I bring her back to the group and bring Evan inside with me. "Welcome." I gesture to the workout room around me. "Why do they have this?" I shrug. "You play football right?" "Yup. Team captain." "I never did. I wasn't really a sports dude. But you do weight training and stuff right?" "Yup." "Okay, there's a log over there, keep track of what you're doing. I'll be back to check on you. Have fun!"
       "Connor. Telekinesis right?" He nods. "Catch this ball." I toss a bouncy ball at him, and he catches it. "I want you to drop it, and after the first bounce catch it."He does it. "Good. Now drop it again and after the first bounce catch it without your hands."He drops it and after the first bounce it drops the ground. "Dang it." "Keep practicing. I'll be back to check on you."
       "Devon, I'm going to say something and you have to tell if it a lie or not." "Okay." "Let's start with something easy. My favorite color is green.""True?" I shake my head. "Dang it." "My favorite color is yellow." "False." "Did you guess?" "Yes." "Since I need to move on, I'm going to move you out back to find Grace. You can help each other." "Okay cool." One person left. Ellie you excited? I intended for her to here that but I don't really know if she did... coming. Ellie's voice echoed in my mind. Oh. Cool. I didn't know she could do that. Well then. Weird mind stuff time! Cool. Not weird. Sorry Ellie. It's fine.

Author's Note: I didn't really know how to end that one to be honest....ok bye.-Your Lovely Author