44

Joshua

"Man, I still can't believe she got a Lexus."

Chuckling at Rico still reacting to the car Leila got, I just shook my head. My baby was so happy, she was still telling me about it on iMessage. Send me pictures of the interior and going off on how it's a push to start, I was happy that she was happy.

"She is really happy yo." I told him. "Even though it's staying in Cali, she's just happy she got one."

"So you gonna be her chauffeur till she leaves."

"Ion mind. At least I know she gonna reach and get back safely." I shrugged.

"True, true." He nodded.

Making our way back downstairs, we headed out back to be greeted to my sister and mom and Rico's dad in a snow ball fight. Getting in on it, we were having fun.

"Y'all want anything?" I asked as I made my way inside.

"We're good." They said as they continued.

Hearing the door bell ring as I got some water to drink, I shouted I would get it. Making my way to the front, I still tried to catch my breath. Being at a disadvantage because Rico's pops used to play baseball, shit was hitting. Opening the door, seeing my father, I got annoyed.

"Man what the fuck you doing here?"

"Boy!"

"Boy? Boy what? You need to go."

"Josh who is it?"

Looking back at Rico's dad, with my sister in tow, when she saw him she stopped and hid behind Rico's pops.

"Merry Christmas Angel." Our father tired to talk to her.

"Go get your momma Cait." She was told by Mr. J.

"Nah. He needs to go." I said as I was heated.

"Calm down Josh. He is your father at the end of the day."

"Damn right. You need to learn some respect."

Hearing those words, Mr. J looked at him with skepticism before telling me to go back. As I turned to walk off, my mom came in and she was fuming.

"What are you doing here?" She huffed.

"Jaliyah?" Rico's pops spoke calmly.

Glancing behind them, Caitlyn stood there. Calming down, Mr. J decided to take her hand and walked back to the kitchen. Where I stood, I heard the conversation though I wasn't seen.

"What do you want?"

"I just came to give y'all gifts and to ask you to please consider."

"Firstly, keep your gifts. We're good over here. Secondly, I've thought about it long and hard and my answer is no. I'm not going to subject my children to anything to clean up your punishment."

"Are you serious right now? You're a whole fucking doctor, you took an oath to save lives."

"Yes but I'm a fucking mother first and YOU had said vows to honor and respect me. Did you do it? No. So don't come at me for making my choice. You did wrong now you're paying for it. You figure that shit out. It has nothing to do with me or MY children."

"You miserable bitch."

When I heard that, I lost it.

"Nigga, what the fuck you just said?" I approached him.

"Josh, not today."

"Nah. I know I didn't hear you just call her bitch."

"What?" We then heard.