27

Leila

Sitting under one of the many large trees on the school's field, Josh laid with his head on my lap, sleeping while I read. We were in the middle of November and the weather was perfect for me and to my surprise, Josh felt the same.

Glancing at him, he looked so peaceful but I couldn't understand why he was suddenly always so tired. I prayed that it was nothing alarming or too serious going on and I knew he would talk to me when he was ready but it was still worrying me.

"Baby." I gently passed my hand down the side of his face.

"Mmm." He hummed.

"Lunch is almost over and you haven't eaten yet."

"I'm not hungry."

"I understand but you have to eat to be able to focus on class plus while we go for Siah and Cait."

Opening his eyes, I smiled as I looked at him. Giving me a little smirk, he stretched a little then sat up.

"What you made for me today?" He took the container.

"Just what you asked me for last night when we spoke."

"Nice." He nodded.

Taking out the grilled chicken burrito, I watched as he bit into it and chewed.

"I'm fine." He said with his mouth full. "My mom's been working night shift so I have more weight to pull around the house." He explained.

"Oh okay." I nodded.

"Yeah." He said as he swallowed. "Pass me my water please."

Doing so, he said thank you and kissed me on my cheek.

"Plus, Caitlyn been acting up some nights because she missing momma."

"Siah does that when my mom has to work nights too."

"Yeah." He exhaled. "So stop worrying about me." He smirked.

"You're my boyfriend, how can I?"

"True. I worry about you for no reason anyway." He shrugged.

"You do?"

"Yes babe. Sometimes you be in your moods because of these people in here and it pisses me off that I can't punch the person who annoyed you."

"Oh wow." We laughed.

"These tasted good, thank you."

"You're welcome." I smiled taking the bowl back.

Laying back down, I shook my head as he looked up at me.

"What you reading?"

"A book my mom gave me, called Sacred Woman."

"What's it about?"

"It's like a guide so to speak and it's, how to explain it." I paused. "I understand the feminine essence and promotes healing of the mind and body."

"Hmm."

"I'll be able to better explain it when I'm finish."

"Aight. I know that's probably gonna be tomorrow."

"You think you know me huh?" I smirked.

"Of course I do."

After that, he began to tickle me, which turned into me being overly hysterical but I didn't care. Josh brought out a side of me that not even my parents knew was there. The way he made me laugh and feel so carefree and comfortable.