45

Leila

"Seriously Lei, when are you coming back home. I miss you and I'm bored out my mind."

"In a week." I laughed lightly. "I don't know why you are being like this."

"Because I'm over my family now."

"You know you love them."

"I do but sometimes they are just too much."

"Look who is talking about too much."

"Exactly. So that in itself should tell you."

"I think you should enjoy it. This is the first time in a long time your entire family is around for the holidays. What about Elijah? Have you guys met each other's family yet?"

"Yes."

"And you didn't tell me?" I gasped.

"I was waiting for when you get home to tell you everything."

"Well that's a long way off so spill." I made myself comfortable.

"Okay fine. So you know how him and his mom don't fuck with the rest of his mom's family right?"

"Right I remember you telling me that."

"Right. So we spoke and decided on spending Christmas Day together."

"Okay." I nodded.

"So I asked my parents, they were fine with it and so was his mom. I mean it's for them to see how both families are."

"Yup."

"So then came the day. Eli and his mom came over from breakfast and everything was perfect. His mom and my mom, surprisingly meshed well, even he was shocked." Anna laughed. "My dad and him spoke about God alone knows what and then my dad came up to me randomly and kissed me on my temple telling me I did good and he's proud."

"Well damn. Your dad is usually the strict one.

"Exactly. It was so surreal yet really good. Me and his mom talked and the whole day was going great until." She sighed.

"Oh God. What happened?"

"My aunt showed up the night unannounced."

"Cassandra?"

"Yes."

"Why? Doesn't she not speak to y'all?"

"Exactly. The only time she interacts with us is to show off, correction, try to show off."

"Good grief. What did she do?"

"It's not what she did but who she showed up with."

"Who?" I asked in suspense.

"Girl. Tell me why, my aunt is dating his fucking deadbeat father."

"WHAT!" I yelled.

"Yes!"

"My aunt is dating well has been in a relationship with my boyfriend's bastard of a father."

"Tell me you're lying."

"I kid you not Leila. When he came in, Eli said 'dad' in this shocked tone and then his mom turned around and she looked like she was in go mode."

"Oh my God." I covered my mouth. "How long has your aunt and him been dating or in a relationship or whatever."

"That's the next thing. Apparently Cassandra's hoe ass been off and on with him for YEARS. She is part of the reason why he left supposedly because when his mother saw her, she yelled 'YOU' so it was clear they been knew each other."