48

Leila

"So what time is your date with Josh?"

"I told him to be ready for eight, why?"

"No reason. I think it's cute that you take him out on dates too."

"Thanks. What about you and Elijah?"

"We don't go on date."

With a raised brow, I gave her my full attention.

"Let me rephrase that." She laughed.

"We do go on dates but not like restaurants and movies."

"Oh okay. So what do y'all do?"

"We both learned how much we love nature during our, quote unquote, talking phase. So what we've done is, we pick a park, regardless of where it is, we pack a bag or basket with food and just drive out there."

"That's really nice Anna."

"Yeah. Eli is so in touch with his soft side and I appreciate it all the same and I acknowledge it too. That's my man."

"That he is. Y'all are so adorable."

"Thank you sis." She blushed. "So, what's the details for tonight?"

"Well just like how you and Eli's thing is nature, Josh and Is is food. We got to different restaurants of different cultures."

"Ah okay."

"Yeah. Only this timed we're cooking our food. I found this virtual class online and signed us up. Rented out a space and got all the ingredients we would be needing."

"That's dope."

"Thanks." I smiled.

"So, what type of food will y'all be cooking?"

"Vietnamese food." I got excited.

"Oh cool. What made you decide to go with that?"

"Their food culture is amazing. Their culture on the whole is amazing but I just love their use of sprouts and meats."

"You sure you don't want to be a chef Lei?"

"I'm sure." I laughed lightly. "I mean, I can do culinary as a hobby but not as a profession. I'm not able with that fast pace lifestyle in the kitchen."

"True. I understand that."

"Mhmm. Plus, you know a lot of chefs do cocaine?"

"Really?"

"Yep. That's how some manage to keep up in the kitchen. Girl, not me."

"Yikes."

Hearing her phone go off, same time mine did. Kareem had messaged to let me know that he was on his way over with some news.

"Kareem?"

"Yeah. He has some news to share he says."

"I wonder what it is?"

Getting back to our conversation, we continued while we waiting. About half an hour later, there was a knock on my door and in he walked when I called.

"So what's up?" I asked as he closed the door behind him.

Being his dramatic self, he took a deep breath and exhaled about five times before speaking.

"I got the scholarship." Was all he said.

When we heard those words, Anna and I began to scream. Hugging him instantly, we congratulated him. Kareem had been working so hard and diligently for this Paris scholarship, hearing that he got it made me feel as though we all did.