14

Josh

"Man she is so dope. We really vibed this weekend and it was cool."

Glancing up at Elijah, I shook my head before going back to the book I was reading. Since we sat down for lunch, he's been going on and on bout him and Anna talking. I was happy for the kid but at the same time I needed him to shut up so I could concentrate.

"I was thinking about asking her out this weekend."

"Hold up? All that talking y'all did and you haven't asked her out yet? Man. Y'all playing." I sucked my teeth.

"It's a process man."

"What process fool? The both of y'all are feeling each other and been feeling each other. Y'all should have been made that date."

"You think so?"

"I'm sure she is probably whining to Leila now about why you ain't ask her out yet."

"Nah I doubt it."

"I know damn well this ain't your first time dealing with a female because you sure as hell acting like it."

When he didn't respond that's when I realize it was. Staring blankly at him, I found it hard to believe because ain't shit was wrong with him.

"Nigga you serious?" I whispered.

"Yes man so you gotta help me out."

"How you look like that and ain't ever had a girl. Back in Virginia them hoes would have been all over your smart ass." I laughed.

"Yeah well here, if you don't play ball, they don't look twice at you."

"Then they some come up hoes."

"Basically."

"Aight man." I sighed. "Gimme your phone."

Hesitant at first, he finally unlocked and gave it to me. Going into his messages, I saw her name and decided to text her for him.

"What you doing?"

"Giving you another push." I smirked handing it back to him.

Reading what I sent he looked at me.

"That simple?"

"That simple." I nodded.

Texting her, asking if she would like to go out with him this Saturday, we waited on a reply.

"She said yeah."

"She did?"

Turning his phone to him, I showed him where she replied yes as well as another message.

"She just asked where and what time." I told him. "You got somewhere in mind?"

"Yeah, but I don't know."

"Now that's the trick right there." I pointed at him. "Don't second guess it. You know what you like and a bit of what she likes, you don't have to complicate it with what society might deem a perfect date as. Just keep it real."

"Aight."

Nodding, he typed out his response and then sent it. See what he had suggested, I agreed with him on it.

"That's good, just ease into it and y'all will be fine."

"Man, thanks a lot." We dapped.

Same time my phone rang. Seeing it was Rico calling me on FaceTime, I laughed.

"My nigga Rico. Wassup bro?"

"Not a damn thing. But check. We on this class trip right and guess who I done seen outchea."