31

Leila

"You sure you don't want to come with me?"

"I'm not going to the mall with you Anna. You have a shopping addiction." I laughed.

"I just need something cute for my date tonight."

"You have a lot of clothes you haven't worn yet. Go through those."

"Hmmm. I forgot about those."

"Wow Annalisa, Just wow! I would say your parents need to cut you off but then I remembered your mom is the ringleader."

"That she is." She laughed. "How are you feeling though?"

"Better."

"You probably caught whatever it is Josh has but dealt with it early."

"Mmm."

After leaving Josh's house Thursday evening, I came home and just cried and cleansed my emotional being. It had left me so drained that night that the next morning I wasn't able to go to school.

"By the way. We need to double date."

"Why?"

"Because I think it will be cute."

"We already have lunch together at school."

"Yeah but that's as a group because Kareem is there. A double date is just the four of us, out having fun. Then when Kareem's dude comes to visit we will all go out."

"I'll think about it."

"You better. Anyway, my mom is calling me so I know she wants to borrow something of mine."

"Alright sis." I giggled.

"Leila?" I heard my mother followed by a knock on my door.

"It's open."

Putting my attention on my door as she came in, I smiled.

"And how may I help you?"

"Well I'm happy to see that you're doing better." She smiled back.

"Yep. You're leaving now?"

"Yeah. Siah is still asleep so when he gets up, make sure he has breakfast. You know how he gets when it's the weekend."

"Yes, wild like he was born in the jungle."

Laughing, she shook her head but I was right. My brother as of lately has been extra active on weekends.

"If y'all are going anywhere, please let me know."

"I highly doubt it but okay."

"I'm just saying."

Kissing me on my forehead, we both left my room and made our way down stairs. Going into the kitchen, I got what I needed to make my breakfast and got it going.

Going to my phone, I went to my music and pressed play on my HER playlist. Josh hadn't tried to contact me and I wasn't going to. At this point, where our relationship was concerned, I didn't know what we were.

"Leila?"

Hearing the sound of my brother's voice, I turned and saw him standing in the door way.

"Hey bud. Morning."

"Morning. Where's momma?"

"She went to work. You want to talk to her?"

Nodding his head, I lifted him and got my phone. Calling our mother on FaceTime, she answered and I let them talk before finishing breakfast.