30

Leila

"Lei?"

"Yes?" I answered Anna while I read.

Not hearing her after that, I looked up from my book, to her sitting there staring at me. Sighing, I marked my page and closed my book.

"Yes Anna?"

"What's going on?"

"With?"

"You. With Josh. Are y'all still together?"

"What's that suppose to mean?"

"I just want to know if everything is okay. Y'all both weren't here on Monday, it's Thursday and he hasn't been to school and you've been, you."

Chuckling, I shook my head and reopened my book. The fact was, I didn't know what was going on with Josh and I wasn't about to put that out there.

"Then Elijah told me he hasn't been answering his messages or anything."

"He's home sick okay." I lied.

"Oh."

"Yeah. When he's sick, he likes his space so tell Elijah that."

"Tell me what?" We heard.

Relaying what I told her as he sat, he nodded. Up till he dropped me home on Monday, everything was fine. That night before I went to sleep, usually we would FaceTime each other but instead he messaged me saying he wouldn't be in school on Tuesday and after that, nothing.

"I'll see y'all in class. I got some books to return to the library." I got up.

"Alright sis." Anna smiled.

As I walked off, my phone rang. Thinking it was Josh, I was a bit disappointed to see it was Ariel.

"Hey."

"Hey girl, where's that yellow boyfriend of yours?"

"I don't know." I sighed.

"Huh?"

"Last time I saw him was Monday, that night he messaged me saying he wouldn't be in school on Tuesday and I haven't seen or heard from him since."

"What the hell?"

"Yeah, So I can't help you on your search."

"Ouu, yeah, you're mad."

"I'm not mad Ariel. Anyway, I'm going into the library now so."

"Bye sis."

"Bye."

Locking my phone, I walked into the library and went to the drop off zone.

"Well if it isn't little witch Leila." I heard followed by a laugh.

Taking a deep breath, I exhaled and went about my way.

"Where's your little boyfriend? Or should I say slave." She and her friends laughed.

"What is your problem Joanna?"

"My problem is you." She stepped to me. "I don't like you."

"How could you dislike me when you don't even know me? I've never once said or done anything to you so where is this coming from."

"You're weird and walk around here like you're better than everyone."

"What?" I laughed. "Do you hear yourself right now? I mind my own business and keep out of EVERYONE'S way. Whatever insecurities you have and projecting it on me isn't doing me a damn thing." I stepped to her. "And the next time, rather than everyone in here and on my ig hearing you live be ugly." I showed her my phone.