13

Joshua

"So what's the plan for this weekend?"

Looking up from my sketch pad, Elijah sat down with a bunch of books in his arms.

"From the looks of it, you got a lot of work to do."

"These? Nah, this some light reading."

"Light reading? Nigga you see the size of them books?" I laughed.

"This is normal for me."

"You a super human or some shit?"

"Nah man. I just like to read." He laughed.

"Well shit, but to answer your question, ain't shit happening this weekend. I got some work to catch up on from them three days I missed."

"Aight. Who you paired with for Lit though?"

"Leila."

"Seriously?"

"Yeah why?"

"When y'all meeting?"

"I don't know." I shrugged.

Biting into my sandwich, I looked at him as I chewed.

"You got a thing for her or something?"

"Not her but her friend Anna."

"Word?"

"Yeah." He smirked. "I don't know what it is about her, she just seem so different and real, you know?"

"Yeah I get where you're coming from." I chuckled. "So why don't you talk to her."

"I was going to at that party last Saturday but then Joanna came in and blocked me."

"What's her deal?"

"Who Joanna?"

"Yeah. She always been that thirsty?"

"Nah." He laughed. "She actually used to be coolish till back in summer when she filled out and started feeling herself."

"Filled out?"

"Yeah. Sis titties finally came in and she got hella thick."

"Damn."

"Mhmm." He hummed as he ate.

"And what's Mark's scene?"

"He's a bitch. He thinks because he got money and can play ball that he the shit."

"He got that house nigga mentality huh?"

"Yeah. That's it self." He laughed.

This was the most me and him talked. Usually he did all the talking and I was just there listening but from texting with Ariel since Saturday, she told me to at least be more open with him so I can have one acquaintance.