Magic III

long overdue part three of Magic :] 

this one is angst!

Enjoy! <3 

"Idiot." 

"Smelly."

"Stupid." (—and other strange beginnings to Melli's oneshots) 

George and Clay, as usual, were bickering over who knows what. If, that is, you could call giving eachother obnoxious names 'bickering.'

Nick glanced at Karl, who looked exasperated. He smiled teasingly. 

"Ah yes, true love." The raven haired boy deadpanned. 

George crossed his arms. "I don't love him." He stated flatly, tilting his chin up slightly. 

Clay giggled, poking him in the ribs. "You do." 

"I don't." 

Clay smiled, pressing his lips to George's— Simply because he could. "Do too." He murmured, still partly kissing the smaller.

George bit his tongue to keep from humming, or laughing, or giving away his pure love. "Do not." He mumbled in reply, kissing Clay again— The taller near instantly kissing back.

The four were walking through the halls on a crisp but not too cold morning, enjoying the snow as they headed towards the castle gates. They planned to go to Hogsmeade today. 

It had been a week and a half since the Yule Ball, and George had practically read through the entire library to no avail. He was becoming increasingly more discouraged, even trying to stop altogether at times. Clay, too, often seemed sort of down, staring guiltily at his feet each time George finished a book without success. 

But it became apparent the two were more than happy to lift their spirits by being together, sharing sweet moments and tossing insults at one another to distract themselves from the Triwizard's Tournament in a week's time. 

Nick groans audibly, walking in between the two and pushing them apart. "And, that's enough of that." He sighs. 

George giggles mischievously with a roll of his eyes, turning away from Clay in favour of opening a book and briskly flipping through lightly yellowed pages. 

"You just got owned by a book, Dream." Karl points out teasingly. (L)

Clay scoffs softly. "It's Sapnap's fault, he pushed him away from me." He pouts mockingly. 

The Ravenclaw doesn't reply, his tongue clicking softly as he closes the book again. "So what were we planning to do in Hogsmeade?" 

Nick grins slyly, scooting in between Clay and George as he catches on. "I dunno. We could go to Dervish and Banges, as I've got to fix my owl's cage."

"What's so special about that? Can't you just get a new one?" George gazes at Nick pointedly as Clay walks to the Ravenclaw's other side. He feels Clay poke his ribs, a silent plead for attention.

"Magic, Gogy, magic." 

Another poke, making the Ravenclaw huff softly.

George hums, finally giving in and turning to Clay with a lightly defeated sigh. "Yes, love?" He asks, mockingly sweetly. 

Despite George's clear sarcasm, Clay can't help but blush at that. "Uh— We've got to go to Ceridwen's to get a cauldron." 

George nods, his mood darkening visibly. "Right."