Green Thorns

the long overdue part two of blue flowers!! (but seriously I'm sorry I made y'all wait so long lmao ITS HERE I PROMISE) 

This one is fluff, not angst :] 

it's also a way to see how I've improved with things like descriptions and dialogue! (some of the stuff that I needed to work on when I wrote the original, blue flowers)  

from George's POV, three months after the events of the last part :] 

Enjoy! <3 

The flower twirls between my fingertips, and I stare at it, in awe and admittedly a little perplexed. Each petal is delicate and soft, the veins running through its leaves a maze of complexity. 

Flowers are sort of like people, in a way. 

With sharp thorns that hurt at the softest touch, delicate petals that dry without nourishment, and a strong stem that holds it all together. 

Of course, as a born angel, I'm not exactly an expert on humans, but I can try my best to figure out such complex emotions. 

And I suppose angels aren't so different after all.

We're meant to be the kindest creatures, stunning and can do no wrong. Too good to be true, if you will.

Of course, as the saying goes, it isn't true. In fact, a lot of the things humans believe are twisted to make us seem much too perfect. 

Yes, we're beautiful, with huge wings that feel like clouds and near perfect features. Many angels have jobs- Humans have jobs, don't they?- that include guarding humans and keeping them going through life alongside the human's demon.  

Of course, that's a born angels job. Born angels are forced to do the work. Once they turn eighteen, at least. 

Born angels are restricted, cruel, and punished terribly. They can't fall in love, for apparently overcrowding the place and gaining unneeded affection is against the rules. To 'keep the peace.' And it's made so many of them rude and even blatantly mean. 

Of course, I'm a born angel. A royal, if you would like to be exact. Royals are often more beautiful than your average angel, but discriminated against out of jealousy. I was lucky enough to get a normal job instead of something like cloud cleaning, because of Sapnap.

I can't describe how grateful I am for that. He's always protected me. 

But there are some things I can't be protected from. 

Like love.

Love is, in my opinion, the most complex human emotion. 

It seems so simple at first. You like someone, and things feel oh so perfect when you're around them. Smiles, giggles, gooey messages and pink hearts, you know how it goes. Sunshine and rainbows.

But then it gets complicated. Your own emotions and thoughts can deceive you, tainting your perception of reality and even driving you insane.

For the longest time, I didn't understand how humans dealt with it. Feeling such a strong, near painful adoration for someone, that you'd go through who knows what just to see them smile? 

Weird. 

But of course, that was before I'd been kicked out. 

Clay had been getting himself into far too many issues, tiring himself out and wasting away in the same routine, day after day. Sapnap and I, his 'shoulder' angel and demon, were tasked with helping him make better decisions and get him into a better state. When we were unable to, we had been scolded for apparently not doing our job, then promptly sent off on the first train to Earth- Which happened to be falling through the sky, if you were curious.