Perfect

I have a soft spot for highschool aus so here we go lmao

It's super cliche and whatnot but it's cute so suffer ig

also everyone is the same age in this 

Warnings: not much, this one is pretty fluffy, just some language (it gets a liiiittle bad at one point but there are no genuinely mean words) 

Clay didn't like mornings. (Mood)

More specifically, he didn't like school mornings.

They meant waking up early, and they also meant that he would have to endure yet another day of school.

And that's exactly what today happened to be. A school day.

Clay slammed his hand down on his alarm seconds before it was set to go off- for the third time. It was currently seven thirty am, Clay learned as his eyes fluttered open. He groaned loudly, rolling out of his bed-

Only to land with a crash on the floor.

"Clay! What was that?"

"Nothing, Mom, I'm fine!" Clay yelled down to his mother, quickly scrambling to his feet.

He managed to get dressed in record time- Just over thirty seconds- And raced out the door to catch breakfast.

Clay didn't quite make it, but he was still able to grab a bit of plain toast (he was saddened to see there was no butter) before grabbing his school bag and dashing out the door. (mans just wants to put butter on his toast 😔) 

Clay was quite talented in the art of eating-while-in-a-rush. Which proved useful, as he sprinted down the street towards the highschool that was a few blocks away. He ate the slice of toast quickly, downing it with a sip of water from his water bottle.

By the time he made it into the school and to his locker, Clay managed to still be a minute early, to his relief. A soft knock on his locker door brought him to close it with a loud crash that made Clay flinch.

"Hey Dream."

"Hi, Sapnap." Dream smiled. He'd been best friends with Nick since middle school, and they'd developed fun nicknames for eachother- Inspired by their Minecraft usernames.

Nick grinned. "Did you hear about the new student yet?" He asked excitedly. Their two other friends, Zak and Darryl (Skeppy and Bad, in other words) walked up behind Nick, curious.

People glanced at the four as they passed by- The friends were pretty popular in school, definitely of a higher level.

It was stressful at times, but Clay had learned to live with it. In fact, sometimes it could be fun- He had a 'rival,' Dave, (who was actually a pretty chill friend, mind you) that he liked to cause fake drama with to entertain the grade. Of course, it was never real, the two were usually on decent terms otherwise. (BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD) 

Meanwhile, Nick had been going on about this new exchange student. He was cut off by the bell, though, and Clay felt a little guilty for not paying attention- But it faded pretty quickly as Nick changed the subject to what he thought they would be having for lunch that day.

Clay slung his bag over his shoulder- He didn't much care that it wasn't allowed, it's not like he had anything bad- whilst slipping a hoodie over his head. It was a fairly chilly late September morning, he had figured on the walk to school, so it was better to wear it then to not.

The hoodie was his favourite, a signature lime green. He smiled softly, fidgeting with one of the sleeves, and following Nick to their first class.