Kismet

so I thought it'd be fun to do a horse riding au so here we are lmao

Dream becomes part of a really good horse riding group- but he doesn't know how to ride 

George, the leader of said group is tasked with teaching him, but doesn't want anything to do with Dream.

Enjoy! <3 

Clay sighed, glaring at his phone as if it was the device's fault he got dumped here. He glanced up at the sign, eyes narrowing in mild confusion.

His father had informed him the previous week that he'd be joining the riding group at the stables his uncle owned.

He had yet to inform him, however, that said group would be none other than the most famous and experienced around. 

And of course, with Clay's fantastic luck, he could barely get on a horse, let alone ride one. Rolling his eyes and staring the large, Victorian style white painted house down, he rapped the door lightly. It took a moment, but the heavy, dark wooden door creaked open, revealing a slightly shorter, but friendly looking man with a smile on his face that reached his eyes. 

Clay plastered an awkward smile on his face, shifting his weight from foot to foot nervously as the man spoke up.

"Oh, Clay! It's been quite a while, hasn't it? Well, come in, come in, I've so much to tell you!" 

Clay followed his uncle inside with a soft sigh, gazing around the house. Different photos were everywhere, many of which with horses on them. There were no bare walls, but yet it wasn't too much on Clay's eyes, which the blonde was grateful for. 

The home was very big, with large staircases and open halls that still managed to give off a welcoming aura. Clay smiled, reminiscing in the memories he'd had here with his cousins, who were now much older and no longer lived here. 

Finally, the two got to the kitchen, which was filled with pleasant smells- And a brown haired boy Clay did not recognize at all. 

He had soft, dewy brown eyes that swirled with a warm golden glint in the honey coloured sunlight reaching through the window. He was small, even smaller than Clay's uncle, despite being around the same age of the other, or maybe even older. He wore a light blue shirt with black riding jodhpurs, leaning against the doorframe with a nonchalant expression strewn across his pretty face. 

Clay's uncle smiled brightly at the sight of the small boy, who smiled awkwardly in return, apparently struggling to take no notice of Clay himself. But Clay didn't much care, instead occupying himself with involuntarily staring at the brunet. 

"So, my dear Clay, this is George! I'm sure you've heard of him-" 

George laughed lightly. "Sir, I'm afraid not everyone's heard of me." He turned to the blonde. "I'm the current leader of the group you've joined." 

Clay blinks. "Oh. Okay, well... I'm Clay, then." 

George rolled his eyes. "I know. It's a pleasure. I've got to go, have him out in the stable in five, if you can." He replied dryly. 

Clay's uncle smiled awkwardly as he pivoted on his heel, grabbed a helmet from the table, and left. 

"Sorry about him.. He's sort of.. Um.. Interesting around new people. But, he's an absolutely fantastic rider, you'll see!" He smiled.

Clay shrugged. "Whatever, I'll just avoid him if he hates me so much." He replied, not liking the look on his uncle's face as he spoke.

"Uh, problem with that is, he's kind of your teacher. He'll be helping you learn. He's our best, so I figured-" Clay stopped listening.