pain, but not (recycling bin IIII)

more stuff!! all of it is quite old tbh 

this is definitely a filler chapter so I'm not too too inactive !! working on a lot lot lot of oneshot wips so, hopefully new stuff soon? hfjfjdj

Enjoy!<3 

Warmth

kinda angst, mostly not :]

i actually want to finish this someday, but it's been lying around for forever and i need to clear up some space so here!! 

A scoff, brisk and curt, yet hollow— George doesn't mean it.

"This is... So dumb."

(He never does.)

Dream hums distantly at George's words, which, despite their would-be sharp meaning, pour over him, smooth and sweet as syrup. Affectionate and gentle, yet guarded and cautious, each word created with such a deep tenderness even Dream finds himself practically stumbling— Both literally and metaphorically— Over his own feet for this boy. His boy.

But he catches himself.

"I'm afraid nothing is quite as dumb as you, George." He skips forward a few paces, swift and calm and just barely containing the burning pulse of excitement in his veins, bright and hopeful and dangerous.

George is pulled by smooth fingers and gentle touches behind the blonde, an expression of utter disinterest dragged in careful swoops across his skin. 

But Dream, of course, doesn't bother to take notice, knowing exactly what he has in store and also happening to know precisely why his George looked that way. He didn't mind the expression, no, and if he was quite honest with himself, he found it alluring. (Though he'd never tell George that.)

And of course, if George were to be perfectly honest, he'd go anywhere Dream wanted to take him— Even if to only bask in the taller's presence. It was endlessly confident and sweet and, quite simply, infatuating. It seeped into his skin, reaching, reaching, reaching for his heart, so carefully hidden away. And it had almost found it. (Though he'd never tell Dream that.)

It was a summer evening, with warm breezes that clung to your skin just a bit longer and made your head foggy with bliss. With tender songs of spring birds and humid air plump with excitement. 

The sun hadn't quite reached the horizon, but it was well on its way, the sky melting into hues of flame like hot wax. 

Dream was guiding George along a place he knew very well, a place where oranges and blues would meet and create a extraordinary array of colour. 

But, it took a while to get there.

Dream's breaths are soft and controlled despite the skip to his step. George smiles fondly, because he really is oh so fond of this boy, picking up his pace a bit to walk beside him.

Dream bumps his shoulder with his own lightly, an electric touch despite its playful mask. "Not much longer, I promise." He says, voice softer than intended. 

It feels like more than just a small reassurance. George smiles slightly, bumping Dream back, just to hear his laughter echo over pavement.

"Yeah, right. Knowing you, you've gotten us lost."

"Ooh, you wish you could be lost with me." Dream retorts, yet the words are electric and burn on his tongue, leaving marks of what he wishes could be.

He wishes those words were sweet affections that make George blush and laugh and press a kiss to Dream's temple.