Cold Hands

a short oneshot where Dream visits George for the first time and they decide to go ice skating 

I wrote this because I needed a break from longer things lmao (watch it be like a five part four thousand words per part and oh MY GOD ITS A NOVEL-) Also, I've only been ice skating once, so please don't fact check me on any of this it's just for fun lmao 

Enjoy! <3 

Clay snickered softly, closing his eyes and pushing his phone over to George as he laughed. George took it, confused, before he rolled his eyes at the lame meme his friend had found.

"Oh my god Dream, you're so stupid." George sighed, lightly tossing the phone back at the blonde. Clay just wheezed, catching the device and turning it back on.

The two were lounging in George's house. It was December, and Clay had convinced George to let him come over for a week.

Clay had been there for three days, and they had already run out of things to do. So now, they each were snuggled under their own blanket, listening to the television and watching the snow outside.

Or, in Clay's case, wheezing over lame jokes on Twitter.

George didn't mind winter so much. Sure, it was cold, but that just meant you got to warm up inside with a mug of hot cocoa after a day in the snow, watching cheesy movies and buying fluffy blankets each year.

Clay, of course, was barely surviving. Being a Florida man at his finest, the poor blonde wasn't at all used to the cold, and George was struggling to help his friend enjoy it.

George sighed softly, suddenly grabbing the remote and clicking the television off. At the sudden quiet, Clay looked up.

"What's wrong, George?" He asked.

George shrugged. "Nothing. I just have an idea. Come on, get a coat and hoodie."

"Both?" Clay stuttered. George giggled and nodded, tossing his friend's coat at his face.

"Yeah. Hurry up, idiot, we can't stay out past dark."

Clay groaned.

"Dream! Come on!"

"Fine, I'm coming. Gimme a sec."

He left the room to grab a sweatshirt.

George rolled his eyes. He leaned against the door, arms half crossed, playing with his hoodie strings that were underneath his unzipped jacket.

Clay appeared a moment later with a warm hoodie on. He grabbed his coat and tugged it on. George shot him a look. The taller rolled his eyes but zipped it anyway.

"Okay, c'mon. It isn't far, you won't freeze." George said, opening the door. He saw Clay shiver at the sudden gust of sharp winter wind and giggled. "On second thought... You might freeze."

Clay rolled his eyes and followed the smaller out the door.

It was a cheery afternoon, homes adorned with Christmas decorations and lights, and the soft snow glittering in the gentle sun. The snowfall had come to a near complete stop, the remaining flakes softly resting on George's eyelashes and hair. He giggled quietly, lifting one gloved hand to watch as the gently floating ice fluttered down to cover the fabric in little white speckles.

Clay watched George silently, a small smile on his face. He liked seeing his friend so happy, no matter how cold he may be.

They strolled along, George guiding Clay to the nearby park. They passed through a street with shops along either side, many of them having fun and exciting winter scenes in their windows. The two would stop often to observe them and joke around, until finally they reached the park.