Rise

in which whilst walking about London years in the past, George meets a mysterious, and also quite handsome man who gives promise of a hot air balloon ride. 

This one is... different, I guess? Lmao bear with me :] there's no angst but it's not particularly fluffy either until closer to the end

If you're curious, it has the kinda atmosphere that the greatest showman had, but there's still like modern shows ig?? mostly bc I wanted to make a reference lmao

Warnings: swearing

i didn't edit this wtf 

Enjoy! <3 

The first thing George noticed about the blonde was that he was much taller, despite George being average height. 

The man smiled warmly at him, after a warm 'Hello!' As a greeting. George had smiled awkwardly in return, warily trying to pass the taller.

Of course, the blonde was persistent, and, being taller, easily fell into step with George- Who had looked away and stuffed his hands in his pockets to keep from staring at the handsome man who now strolled in time with him. 

"What's your name?" He'd asked with a smile that George could clearly hear. 

George had pressed his lips together, running one hand through his hair and refusing to reply. 

"I'm Clay, but I like Dream." He said, ignoring George's disinterest and skipping ahead a few paces to kick at a rock, then pausing to let George catch up. 

The next thing George noticed was that he was very happy. No matter how much he was ignored, or given wry comments.

"Dream? That's an odd name for a nightmare." Muttered George under his breath, hoping it would knock Dream off his back. 

But Clay had simply laughed, and smiled warmly at George. "I like you. Your accent is weird, but pretty. Will you tell me your name?" 

George had swallowed his blush, shutting his eyes for a moment before sighing. "George." He muttered. "And your accent is weird, mine is normal." 

Clay shrugged. "Alrighty then, Gogy." 

"Don't call me that." 

"Can I show you something, Gogy?" Clay's voice was hopeful, and happy as always.

"No. Good night, 'Dream.'" George grumbled, stepping off of the sidewalk and onto the steps leading up to his flat. Dream made no move to stop him as he walked into the building, instead watching with a soft sadness in his eyes.

The next day, George left his flat with a soft sigh, tugging his coat over his shoulders. He was still a little shaken by the interaction with Dream, having not been used to others speaking to him, and he was often distrustful of anyone who did.

He opened the door to the cold air, shivering a bit as he stepped onto the stone steps, and a moment later onto the sidewalk.

George put his head down, his hands in his pockets as he walked briskly along. People bustled across streets, the sound of chatter filling the brunet's ears as he hurried down the street. 

A tap on his shoulder made George freeze in place, nearly stumbling on his own feet. Warm hands steadied him, making George look up and click his tongue in annoyance. 

"You again?" He muttered, scuffing his feet over the concrete. 

Dream laughed. "If I wasn't here, you would've fallen."