Moving Day

where Dream and George are moving in together :] 

fluffy and nice, but there is swearing 

enjoy! <3 

Dream slumped backward in his seat, gaze following George as his boyfriend gathered boxes, picked them up, put them down, and unpacked them. He crossed his arms with a huff, snuggling further into the cushions of their new sofa.

"Dream, are you going to help me?" George sighs, pausing for a moment to look at the blonde.

"No. I already helped you move all the furniture, and now I want to cuddle." Dream pouted. George rolls his eyes, giggling softly.

"I want to get all the boxes in by tonight, love, I'm sorry but your cuddling needs must wait just a bit longer, alright? But if you help, we can get this done faster." 

Dream couldn't help but smile at the little nickname.

They had been moving into their new house for the past few days, and George had barely taken any breaks. Dream wanted him to relax for a moment, and see that he didn't need to stress so much. After all, they were finally able to wake up every morning together, in their very own house. It was perfect.

"George, you need to rest a little. It's okay, you don't need to be so uptight-" Dream began, but George just shook his head softly. 

"Dream, I'll spend as much time with you as you want later, when I'm done." George exhaled, pressing a soft kiss to his boyfriend's forehead before leaving the room.

Dream groaned loudly, being obnoxious. "Geoorge.." He whined. Not only did he want his boyfriend to stop stressing, he wanted attention, and he sure as hell hadn't gotten much in the past few days.

George didn't reply, though, instead returning to the room and unpacking a new box. 

"Ooh, shit, forgot there's another box with kitchen things in it-" He cursed under his breath, leaving the room again. 

"Language!" Dream joked.

"Shush!" George called back, but the blonde caught his soft giggle, which made him smile.

Dream flopped backwards onto the sofa, putting his hands and feet in the air with another obnoxiously loud sigh. He heard the soft clattering of utensils that he could assume George was unpacking.

Looking around, he could see why George wanted to finish unpacking as many boxes as he could. The living room was fairly empty, save for the couch and television that didn't have a stand yet. There was a side table against the bare wall, which they planned to move soon, as well as a still rolled up rug that would go in the middle. 

But the house was very nice, with large, clear windows that let in a lot of natural light, making the room glow cheerfully. It was large enough for them to be able to live comfortably, but small enough that they wouldn't have to worry about costs. The walls were a pleasant off white, with fully white borders and dark wooden floors. The decorations that were currently in boxes matched nicely, yet also would give the place a nice homey feel.

Yeah, Dream was happy with their new house.

But what he wanted more than anything was to enjoy it with his beautiful boyfriend, who was currently stressing over who knows what. (insert cool camera pan over to George)

George sighed, leaning against the counter and running his fingers through his hair. Boxes were everywhere, and he had to unpack all of them, and then the ones outside, too? 

Fatigue and stress was beginning to catch up to the brunet, bringing a stinging he didn't deserve to his eyes. Quickly, George wiped his eyes before the tears had a chance to fall, looking around for something to distract himself with. 

More boxes, he supposed, would do the trick. With a sigh, he approaches a new pile that he'd brought inside earlier, beginning to fumble with the tape on top of the first, grimacing at the sound it made as it pulled away from the cardboard. He examined the objects inside with a sigh, about to begin organizing-

"Geooorge..!" His boyfriend's voice called from the other room. George winced slightly, he did feel bad about not paying attention to Dream. His boyfriend was caring and sweet, no matter what, and George was consistently guilty when he got busy and couldn't be the same. Today he was being particularly fussy, which made sense.

"What's wrong, Dream?" He asked, walking over to the door leading to their living room and leaning on the doorframe. 

The blonde was laying on his back with his hands and feet in the air, a bored but cute expression on his face. George quickly put his hand on his mouth to muffle his soft giggle. 

"I want you to sit with mee!" Groaned Dream, flopping onto his stomach and then a moment later falling off the sofa completely. The brunet rolls his eyes with a smile. 

"Dream, I'm busy right now.." He begins, but his boyfriend appears in front of him, hands resting softly on George's forearms. 

"Please?" Dream's voice is softer now, gentler, laced with concern for the brunet. He rubs his thumbs lightly over George's wrists, who relaxes at his touch.

"I- Dream, stop-" The shorter sighs, blushing madly as Dream brings one of his hands to his own face and presses soft, chaste kisses to his palm and fingers.

"Come on, George. You deserve a break." Dream murmurs, smiling softly at the smaller.

George exhales, finally giving in. "Yeah, okay.. Fine.." He mumbles, slumping into his boyfriend's arms. 

Dream can barely keep himself from hopping up and down in his excitement. He practically drags George over to the couch, who laughs lightly. 

"Okay, Georgie, what d'you wanna watch?" Dream questions happily, swiping the remote from off the cushion and tugging George down to sit beside him.

The brunet blinked in confusion. "Watch?" He asked, poking his boyfriend lightly.

"We are watching a movie, and you're going to have fun, whether you like it or not." Dream replied matter-of-factly, with a smug grin splayed across his lips.

George rolled his eyes. "You say this as if I'm incapable of having fun." 

Dream laughs. "Weeeelll..." George shoots him a playful glare, lightly kicking his foot. "Sorry, sorry. What movie, love?" 

George yawned slightly, finally taking note of how tired he was. Dream pulls a blanket around them, and the smaller snuggles closer, accepting Dream's arms around his shoulders and torso with a content hum.

"I don't care, just put on a Harry Potter movie so I can sleep." He mumbled drowsily, making Dream smile softly at his tired, cute expression. 

"Okay." The blonde presses a soft, sweet kiss to George's lips, to which the brunet kisses back lightly, before choosing the first movie. George presses closer, letting his eyes flutter closed. 

The taller leans back a little, holding George a bit more comfortably and letting him rest his head on his chest with a blissful exhale. George hugs Dream a little tighter. 

"I love you, George." Dream mumbles, running his fingers through the smaller's hair comfortingly.

"I love you too. Now shut up and let me sleep, you're comfy." 

Word count: 1197

!important announcement (yayyy)! My new dnf book is coming out ✨tomorrow!✨ (insert applause here) 

aLSO THANK YOU FOR 500 READS I was at like 400 eaRLIER TODAY y'all are absolutely amazing ilysm holy hecking heck

have a wonderful day! <3 

-Melli-