Chapter 33: Teasing ✔

Celene

      Sam speaks to June as I wait for him outside. He steps out and we head back up to the lobby. I see Damien waiting for me and a huge smiles spreads across my face. I hobble quickly toward him and his smile only grows wider. I throw my arms around his neck when I get close enough, letting my crutches fall to the floor.

      "You're walking! That's amazing!" he exclaims.

      "Yeah it is! Sam is the reason. You should go thank him," I say as I plant a kiss on his cheek.

      "I will," Damien says before bending down and picking up my crutches for me.

      I watch as he heads over to Sam. I sit down in a chair, my calves aching from standing and walking. I tuck my hair behind my ear and listen as they talk.

      "Thanks Sam for taking care of her," says Damien.

      "There's something you need to know," says Sam in a low voice as he looks around, still holding my bag on his shoulder.

      "What's up?"

      "Celene almost died today," Sam says.

      "What?! What do you mean she almost died?!"

      "Shh! Quiet!," Sam says as he looks around nervously.

      "Someone tried to drown her in the hospital's pool. I think they know."

      "Know what?" asks Damien with his brow raised.

      "That she's the Elemental Dea."

      "Wait. What?" asks Damien.

      "So you didn't know. Why hasn't she told anyone?" 

      "How did you even figure it out?" asks Damien.

      "The spiral on her back and her whole aura reeks of higher being," explains Sam.

      "I don't think she knew."

      "What do you mean? How could she not?" asks Sam, confused.

      "Look at her face. She had no idea until you said it."

My eyes are wide and my jaw slack as I look at them.

      "She can hear us?!" Sam whisper yells.

      "Celene can do a lot of things," Damien says with a sideways grin.

My face burns with blush and I give him a warning look before looking away.

      "Oh! You said that on purpose."

      "She's a sneaky little minx. She's also-"

      "Amazing," Sam finishes with a smile and a gleam in his eyes.

      "Yeah... Wait... Are you? You are..."

      "What?" Sam asks once he's realized what he said.

      "I can see it in your eyes. You see, she has that affect on us. She sends out pheromones that only we can sense and it's like pure instinct, primal even. I'm sure she told you."

      "She may have mentioned it once or twice," Sam says as he looks at me.

      I smirk and look at them.

      "Her touch is white hot and her lips are so sweet. The way she feels underneath you is... indescribable..."

      "Ahem... You might want to stop talking, Damien," Sam says as he grows uncomfortable.