Chapter 1: Beach Birthday

Celene

      I pull on my one piece swimsuit and look at myself in the mirror. The plunging front exposes the middle of my chest all the way down to my pierced belly button. I gather my dark, cherry red hair up on top of my head and pull it into a loose bun. As I run my hand over my side where the swimsuit has a slit running down my hip and my koi fish tattoo shows on my tanned, olive toned skin, I slip into a pair of tattered light blue jeans shorts and leave them unbuttoned.

      After I pull on a thin, pale purple tee, I place my sunglasses on top of my head and grab my bag. I walk to the door and step into my chucks before swinging it open. The bright sun greets me along with the loud chatter of my roommates. Their waving tan limbs show the excitement we all feel for today. I give them all a big smile and throw my bag into Matt's lap before hopping into the back of the jeep.

      As today is my birthday, we all decided to go to the largest beach in Honolulu. 

      "Celene, girl, you know I love you, but if you don't get yourself someone to spend the night with you on your birthday I will have lost all hope for you," says my best friend Ali as he looks at me in the rearview mirror.

Ali is my best friend and I've known him since high school. Even though his name is Alejandro he prefers to be called Ali.

      "You know I won't let just anyone have me, no matter if it's my birthday."

I slip my sunglasses on and watch as the palm trees pass by us in a flash. The wind whips my hair around as I turn to look at Ali. He just rolls his eyes with a smile.

      "What's between your legs must be made of gold or something if you won't let anyone touch it since You-Know-Who."

      I roll my eyes at his mention of my ex as the twins start yelling their disapproval.

      "Hey man. Don't mention Him on Celene's birthday. This is suppose to be a fun day," says Luc.

      "Yeah man. She doesn't want to think about Josh right now," says Matt.

We take a sharp turn and Matt holds onto my bag tighter. The twins are sweet and I've known them almost as long as I've known Ali but they can be a bit dim witted when it comes to me and my feelings. I've learned to brush off most of it though, so I don't even bat an eye now.

      We finally pull up to the beach and everyone jumps out. Ali stayed back looking for his boyfriend whom he found shortly after. When he told us that we'd be meeting up with him, some quizzical brows were lifted.

      "Hey, ya'll might not be coming home with someone but I sure as hell am," he stated simply and none of us questioned it, but we did enjoy messing with him.

I watch Luc run down to find us a perfect spot for sitting and tanning. I look out at the water while the wind blows my hair and shirt about.

      I turn around and smile at Ali and his boyfriend looking at each other lovingly. I hope this one lasts. Taking my bag from Matt's outstretched hand, I make my way toward Luc. I set it down on the chair next to me and pull my shirt over my head. I kick off my chucks and scoot them under the chair before I shimmy out of my shorts.

      I look around for one of the twins so they can help me rub sunscreen on my shoulders and back. Everywhere I looked, I could not land an eye on them. Something catches my eyes as they scan for them and I immediately do a double take. Four guys walk out of the water and I drop my sunglasses further down my nose as I stare at them. They are gorgeous as the water glistens on their tanned bodies under the sun.

      My jaw drops slightly as I watch them grab towels and dry their hair. I wasn't the only one staring them down lusting after them. Everyone on the beach either wanted to be them or in their beds. Their smiles sparkled as they looked at the gawking faces surrounding them. I turn away from them when I hear my name.

      "Celene, do you need some help?"

      I look right into Luc's face and smile.

      "Yeah. You don't mind?"

      "Of course not," he replies with a smirk.

I turn and wait for him to start rubbing sunscreen on my back but I don't feel his hands so I turn around with my brow raised. He stands beside me with the sunscreen clenched in his hand.

       "Luc? What's wrong?" I ask as I look at him.

He doesn't say anything as he stands their staring straight ahead. I turn to see what he's staring at and find the four boys from earlier standing in front of me.

      My breath quickens as I look at them. A feeling blooms deep inside of me that makes my body hot and has my brows drawn together, curious. I clench my thighs together as my legs start to shake. I wasn't intimidated, not really. I just couldn't control the need building inside of me.

      I put my sunglasses on top of my head so I can get a better look at them.

      "Hi. My name's Marcus and these are my brothers," says the one with dazzling hazel-green eyes.

      "Damien, Leo, and Owen."

They each smile as they are introduced and each one makes my legs tremble more than the last.

      "I'm Celene and this is Luc," I say with a smile as I point at Luc with my thumb.

      "Nice to meet you both."

Marcus turns to look directly into my eyes. Those eyes-I could drown in those eyes.

      "We're having a party later and we were wondering if you might want to come," he says still staring into my eyes.

      "A party? That's perfect. After all, it is Celene's birthday today."

I turn abruptly to find Ali with his arm hooked around his boyfriend's.

      "Thanks Ali," I say through clenched teeth and turn to smile at the four enthralling boys.

      "Well, happy birthday Celene," says the one known as Damien as he takes my hand and kisses it gently.

      My eyes go wide and a stronger feeling washes over me as I look into his beautiful, pale blue eyes so I look down at the sand.

      "Thank you Damien," I say as I turn to look back at him.

When I look into his face I'm surprised by the expression on it. His eyes are wider and his jaw appears to be clenched. I cock my brow, confused, and look at his brothers who are standing there with the exact same expression. I smile at all of them to rid myself of the awkwardness before I speak.

      "I'd love to come to your party. What time does it start and where will it be?" I ask and their faces change back to smiles.

      "The party starts at sundown and don't worry about where. We'll send a car for you and your friends when it's time," says the one known as Leo, the red head with freckles, looks right in my eyes and I feel the warmth they hold envelope me.

      I bite my lip and look at Ali.

      "No worries. I'm taking the car for the night anyway," he says with a wink.

      "Okay then. All we need is your address so we can send a car to your place," says Owen as his ocean-green eyes sparkle in the sun.

I turn and reach into my bag for a pen and a piece of paper. I scribble down my address and gently place it in Damien's hand. He gives me a smile that sends tingles through my entire body, making my breath catch in my chest for a second and I gasp softly. I close my eyes for a second and when I open them they are wide eyed again.

      I blush fiercely as I look at each of them. I bite my lip and they bid us goodbye. I watch as they walk away, unable to understand how they were able to get to me so quickly. I grab my bag, my shoes and start walking to the parking lot. I need air and there wasn't enough where I was sitting. I could still feel their eyes on me and their fingers on my hands.