Chapter 19: Morning Mischief

Celene

      I sit in front of Marcus and he unravels the gauze on my hand.

      "How we looking Doc?" I ask with a smirk.

      "You're completely healed. I just need to remove the stitches and you should have full mobility of your hand in a couple days," he says with a smile.

      "I can't believe how fast the last couple of weeks passed by," I say as I watch him clip and pull the stitches from my palm.

      "You would have recovered faster if you didn't pop your stitches every couple of days," he says with a stern look on his face before smiling.

      "Come on. You know you loved seeing my pretty face as often as you did," I say with a grin.

      "Hush. I don't want to poke you," he says with a smirk.

      "Okay," I say and clamp my mouth shut as I smile.

He pokes me with the scissors.

      "Ow!" I say and grin.

      "You did that on purpose."

      "You have no proof," he says with a smirk.

      "All of your stitches are out."

      "You're lucky you're cute, Doc, or I'd make you pay," I say and give him a soft kiss.

I stand and go to the fridge. He wraps his arms around my waist and kisses my shoulder.

      "Remember to be careful. Your hand is in a fragile state so, no strenuous activities," he says.

      "I know Doc. I'll be careful," I say and turn around.

I kiss him as I run my hand up his chest.

      He kisses my neck and I smile.

      "How's the hand Celene?" asks Leo as he walks to the the coffee pot and pours himself a cup.

      "Doc's just finished removing my stitches," I say with a smile and walk over to Leo.

I give him a soft kiss.

      "Morning, by the way."

I walk into the living room and almost run, right into Damien.

      "Woah! Someone's in a hurry," I say with a smile.

      "I'm running late for work," he says as he grabs his work gloves off the table by the door.

I grab his shirt before he can run out the door.

      "Uh uh. You don't get to rush off without kissing me goodbye first," I say with a smile.

He smirks and kisses me gently.

      "I really need to go. Bye Love," he says and gives me a quick kiss on the cheek before running out the door.

      I look at Leo and Marcus who are smiling at me.

      "What?" I ask as I walk back into the kitchen.

      "Nothing," says Leo as he sips his coffee.

I walk up to him and he swallows hard.

      "What's that look for?" he asks softly, barely able to speak.

I grab a hold of his tie and pull him into a deep kiss. I pull away and he stumbles forward a bit.

      "That better?" I ask as I bite my lip.