Chapter-22

{Flashback Continuation}

I bid farewell and exit the party with Hoshi. Hoshi insists to drive because I was tired but I decline his offer. We stop by a convenient store to buy a few things i.e snacks, toiletries for Hoshi because the idiot forgot to pack his, drinks, etc. After buying them we head towards home.

I was driving quite speedily because the road was empty. Hoshi was rambling about how delicious the food was at the party. Out of nowhere, a little girl comes chasing her cat infront of our car. There wasn't enough time to think. So, to save the girl I turn the car towards right while honking but the car loses control because of the friction.

🚨🚨 Trigger Warning: Mentions of accident, blood, death and depression onwards 🚨🚨

The car collides into something with force and stops. Everything happened within a few seconds. I don't even get the time to process anything.

I look beside me to check Hoshi but he was looking straight with a pale face. Shock was evident on it. I follow his gaze and get the biggest shock of my life. There was a man lying in blood infront of our car. Our car collided with a man. I can't believe this.

Both of us get out of the car extremely terrified. We were slightly injured but it didn't matter. What mattered was to save the man who was fighting with his life. His back was facing us. I go towards him and grab his shoulder while sitting down. My hand was shaking. I turn him lightly to see his face. And that's when I get another biggest shock of my life. The man infront of me was

Seokmin. My friend Lee Seokmin.

Tears fill my eyes. I take him in my arms and shake him. Hoshi was sitting beside me checking his nerves.

"Seokmin. Seokmin. Wake up. Seokmin." I yell and shake him with force. Hoshi holds my hand. I look at him only to see him shaking his head in sadness and horror. No it can't be.

"Hoshi, let's call the ambulance. We can save him." I insist Hoshi with wide eyes.

"No we can't. Get in your senses. He's dead." Hoshi tries to force me to accept the horrible fact that Seokmin was no more with us.

My gaze falls onto the phone in his hand. He was on the call with someone. I take it out from his hand despite Hoshi trying to stop me. Y/N❤ was written on it. Her fiancée.

I attach the phone to my ear with shaking hands. I intake air sharply trying to breathe. It seemed as if someone was choking me. A girl's voice pierces my ears.

"Why did you disconnect the call? I've written such a romantic poem for you. Now listen and don't you dare laugh.

How can I live Without you?
Without you, how can I live?
Please comeback home, my heart says.
Lonely, I'm feeling today.
I'm missing you again.
Nervous, I'm feeling today.
I'm restless again.
Please comeback home, my heart says."

Her voice was so sweet and pure yet it was like a venom killing me. Realization hits me. What have I done? I've killed someone's family. I've killed someone's love. I've killed my own friend.

Hoshi snatches the phone from me and places it back in Seokmin's hand hurriedly. The phone goes on speaker by mistake. She continues her poem but I was in much daze to listen to it. My whole figure was shaking by now.

"Jeonghan, let's go. We can't stay here. Jeonghan are you listening?" Hoshi takes Seokmin's body from my embrace and gently places it back on the road. He drags my shaking figure to the car and sits on the driver's seat. I could still hear the poem until it fades away as Hoshi drives far from there.