Chapter-3

"What do you even know about Lee Industries?" I question angrily and stand up.

"Kindly come with me." I say sternly. He follows me outside my room. I stop and turn around.

"Do you know right after Seokmin's death, the prices of our company's shares fell?" I pause and go towards empty desks one by one.

"This is Mr Mark's desk. This is Mr Kevin's and that is Ms Nancy's. And this is Mr Jacob's desk. Within 3 months Mr Jacob joined, his mother went under heart surgery. Our office sponsored it. But suddenly Mr Jacob started feeling that this office is too far from his house." I chuckle bitterly and move towards the next bigger empty desk. Mr Jeonghan follows me quietly.

"This is Ms Taeyeon's desk. She was working in our company for last 10 years. She had gone on a short leave and didn't come back. We received her resignation by post." I pause.

"Everyone has the same story." I sigh and turn around to face him.

"Mr Jeonghan, in the finance market, Lee industry is a sinking ship now. Please don't try to board this ship. Or you'll end up drowning." I began to leave but eventually stop after what he says next.

"Ma'am, do you want to break Seokmin's promise?" He says.

"Of what promise are you talking about, Mr Jeonghan? All of his promises died with him. The promises he made to you and those he made to me. All are broken now." I wipe my tears before he sees them.

"Ma'am, I can help you. I don't even want salary for now. Maybe this sinking ship can float again. Please think about it." He says and leaves. I sigh and continue my work.

In the Evening

At Lee's residence

I was sitting on the couch while Dino was sitting on the floor in front of me showing me his dance's videos.

"WoW. I'm impressed Dino." I compliment him.

"Really Noona?" He asks while beaming.

"Yes, I mean you could easily become a professional dancer." I grin.

"Thanks Noona but it's only my hobby." He chuckles. Mrs Lee enters the living room.

"So you didn't appointed him?" She asks. I told her before about the whole Mr Yoon Jeonghan thing.

"No, I didn't." I reply.

"You should have appointed him for some days. I mean after all he was Seokmin's choice. There must be something special in him." She smiles sadly.

"I'm sure, there must be. But it's too late now Mom. I have no hope left now." I reply.

"One should never lose hope, dear. Your whole life is ahead of you Y/N. Everybody is sorry about Seokmin's death. But you have to forget it and move on." She advices.

"I can never forget him Mom. Excuse me." I make my way towards the washroom before anyone sees my tears. How can I move on from the one who was my everything?

Dino POV

Noona leaves the room while trying to hide her tears. Mom comes and sits beside me.

"Only you can make her understand, Dino." She pauses and sighs.

"Seokmin left us all. Why is she ruining her life now? She's young. She have to move on. It's our responsibility to settle her. Before, she was our daughter-in-law but now she is like our own daughter." She says teary eyed.

"Don't worry Mom. Noona is an amazing girl. There must be someone special for her out there. The day she'll meet him, everything will be alright." I assure her. She pats my back.

"But it would've been really nice to see Noona become my sister-in-law." I state sadly and wipe Mom's tears.

Y/N POV

"I'll leave now mom. Jisoo unnie must be waiting for me." I smile lightly.

"Okay dear." She smiles back and pats my head.

"Bye Noona. Drive safely." Dino waves.

"Bye." I start my car's engine.

Memories surround my mind again. The first time Seokmin introduced me to his family. It was almost 3 years ago. They were all so lovely and welcoming. Dino liked me a lot. Mr and Mrs Lee gave us their blessings immediately.

They even told me to call them mom and dad. I obliged happily. Since then they've treated me like their own daughter. And Dino, his presence fulfilled my wish of having a younger sibling. All these people always made me feel loved.

I'm blessed to have Jisoo unnie, Dino, mom, dad, uncle, aunty by my side. But everything would've been much much better if Seokmin was with me. Although I know he is with me but I just miss his presence. I miss him.

At Home

Jisoo unnie and I were watching TV while talking. She was cutting fruits for us.

"Wow. What a strange man he is!" She said while feeding me apple.

"I know right." I reply while chewing.

"I'm not saying it in a negative way Y/N. I mean who agrees to work without salary. You should have appointed him. He could be helpful." She pauses.

"If someone like him came to work at my store, I would've obviously accepted him happily." She says with a duh tone.

"It's too late now. I was so rude to him, he must've returned to Seoul by now." I exclaim.

Next Day

I enter my office and see someone sitting on the office couch. I couldn't guess who he was. I turn the lights on and get surprised.

"Good Morning Miss Y/N." He stands up and greets with a smile. I sigh internally. It's gonna be a long day.

.....

Enjoy Chapter#3 of Without You. Don't forget to Vote and Comment.
Happy Birthday 🎂🎂🎂 to our precious tiger 🐅 Hosh Hosh Hoshiiii🎉🎉