Chapter-21

{Flashback}
{1 Year Ago}

Jeonghan POV

Constant knocks on the door wake me up from my slumber. I don't know how I fell asleep while watching T.V. Maybe I was tired because of the preparations of the event. Someone knocks again or should I say bangs again on my apartment's door and pisses me off.

"Wait a minute. Aish!" I open the door only to be greeted by an angry looking Kwon Soonyoung aka Hoshi, my best friend. Oh now I remember he was coming from Toronto today and I had to pick him up from the airport. Shit. He enters with his luggage after pushing me out of his way without even saying anything.

"You're a worthless man Yoon." He says in an annoyed tone and folds his arms.

"Sorry Hoshi-ah. I'm really sorry." I apologize sincerely.

"You call your best friend from Canada and don't even go to the airport to receive him. You made a promise. What kind of a friend are you? I'm going back by evening's flight." He rolls his eyes dramatically. Well he's kinda making a big deal know. Let's just play along for now Jeonghan.

"I was just so tired because of the work and event that I fell asleep without even realizing. Forgive me. Let's be friends again." I hold his shoulders and try to sound apologetic. He yanks my hands off.

"It's okay. No need to try hard." Hoshi says with disgust after giving me side eyes.

"Let's just do a brother hug. After all we're meeting after almost 2 years." He adds with a smile and hugs me. I hug back. I missed this dork but I'll not say it to his face.

"Now enough. It's getting cringey." I push him. He rolls his eyes again.

"Want a drink?" I ask as I drag his luggage to the guest room.

"Coffee will do." He replies. I prepare our coffees in the kitchen and take it to the lounge.

"Here." I hand him his coffee. He utters a quick thanks.

"By the way, why are you still living here? I mean you can live in your house. You've spent alot on it." Hoshi throws a question after taking a sip. I sigh.

"As I said before I bought it for my parents but since they died, I couldn't get the courage to enter that house alone." I reply calmly. He nods.

"It means a significant other would be nice to make everything alright." He smirks. I roll my eyes. Idiot.

Next Day

Today was the event I was anticipating for. I was appointed as the company's new vice president and the event was in it's celebration. Hoshi was also tagging along. I check myself in the mirror one last time and make my way outside.

"Hoshi, let's go. I'm the guest of honor. I don't wanna be late." I yell from outside the guest room's door. He immediately opens the door wearing a black suit looking ready.

"I was already ready or should I say ready already or all ready-" I cut him and drag him outside the apartment.

"Stop wasting our time hamster." I smirk while getting out of the building. He never liked if someone called him hamster. He'll definitely get annoyed. 3, 2,-

"Yah! Yoon Jeonghan. Don't call me hamster because I'm not. I'm a tiger." He glares at me while sitting in the passenger seat.

{Time Skip}

It was boring yet typical classy type of an event just as any other business events. Directors from a lot of companies were there including our business partners.

This event was for me and the new president, which was the only good thing for me. The ceremony was already held. I was standing alone in a corner sipping my wine when a young good looking man approaches me with a huge smile.

"Hi. I'm Seokmin. Lee Seokmin." He pulls his hand out. I smile back and shake hands with him.

"Sorry but have we met before?" I ask him while trying to remember at the same time.

"No we haven't but I've heard a lot about you. Congratulations by the way." Seokmin congratulates me with a grin. How can anyone radiate this much positive energy? I like this guy already.

We continue our conversation while Hoshi joins us. I introduce them to each other.

"Well I also do the same work in Canada, you do here. I run a small industry by the name of Lee Industries there." He hands me his business card. Oh so he is the managing director of renowned Lee Industries.

"Of course. Who hasn't heard about Lee Industries." I exclaim in amazement while Hoshi takes the card from me and reads it.

"You're from Toronto. I'm also from there." Hoshi shakes his hand again.

"You too. That's amazing." Seokmin says in excitement.

Seokmin keeps me company the whole time. We eat, drink and talk. I was having fun with him. It seemed like we were friends for so long.

"So you're going back by tonight's flight? But you only stayed for 3 days." I question him.

"Yeah. I just had to attend a meeting here. Y/N wa- I mean my fiancée wasn't even letting me come for these 3 days. I promised her to be back quickly." He replies with a chuckle. So, he is engaged. Lucky man.

"Congratulations. I didn't know you were engaged." I congratulate him sincerely.

"Only congratulating me won't work. I'm getting married in 2 weeks and you've to come." He surprises me.

"Wow. A younger friend of mine is getting married. I'm feeling so single right now." I grin.

"Well, double congratulations then." I add.

"Thank you. We are together for almost 5 years now. And I know she's the one and only for me. So why waste the golden opportunity." He exclaims with happiness.

"So you're coming to my wedding. Right?" He asks while raising a brow.

"It'll be difficult for me to leave work here." I state my reason.

"You should come to my wedding. In that way you can also have a vacation in Canada." He tries to convince me.

"I don't know, but I'll tr-" He cuts me.

"You know what, I can guarantee you that you'll come to Canada." He narrows his eyes with a sly smile.

"How?" Now it was my turn to raise an eyebrow.

"I'll call you there. And you'll have to come for me." He says with belief. I chuckle at his childishness.

.....

The whole chapter was Jeonghan's flashback in Seoul. As you all know Jeonghan knew Seokmin since before. How Seokmin and Jeonghan met? What happened there before Jeonghan came to Canada and met Y/N? These things are answered in this chapter and the next one. Keep reading to find out what'll happen next.
Don't forget to vote and
comment precious readers💜💜

Wishing Happy Birthday 🎂🎂 to Kyulkyung of I.O.I & Pristin

I & Pristin