What Was It

As soon as the doors closed tightly and we were for sure alone in the hall, I pulled my hand from Ivy's,

Grabbing his handkerchief and wrapping it around my freshly sliced hand.

"It was good while it lasted." He mumbled

I rolled my eyes and began walking beside him once again.

"I'm doing what's asked of me. I've become Queen, more importantly, your Queen. So make sure you hold up your end and keep my child safe." I spat

He took his hand and tightly gripped my neck before slamming into the wall.

"Though this new, emotionless Kin-Ji is fun...Don't forget that I control everything. Don't think that just because you're Queen that you can talk to me any kind of-"

I started bursting with laughter as he spoke. He looked dumbfounded and that only made me laugh harder.

"Ivy, I killed a maid today because she took too long to bring me juice. If you think your threats faze me anymore, you're sadly mistaken. I would happily kill my own sister if she disobeyed me so what do you think I would do to you?" I asked as I slightly released a smirk

"Now, let's go visit Kula." I said as I pulled his now softening hand from my neck. I began to walk before stopping and turning around towards him, "Oh and Ivy... don't worry. I won't kill you in your sleep or anything. A Queen needs her King and well... my baby needs a father."

I smirked as I continued to walk, hearing his footsteps behind me.

...

As we arrived at my dark room, the guard slowly opened the door. I felt pleased as I heard my heels clicking against the cement. Ivy and I stopped in front of my poor, broken looking sister.

She sat in a corner, balled up as her blue hair covered her face. The only light was coming from the hallway due to the door still being open. I smiled and bent down, brushing the hair from her face.

"Kula?" I whisper sweetly.

She slowly looked up at me before putting her head back down.

"Kula... don't be like this. We are sisters after all." I look down and see purple marks around her ankles and wrist. "Guard, I thought I said I didn't want her chains this tight. She's starting to bruise." I spat

"Ma'am... I truly tried but she kept squirming and trying to run a-"

I stood up straight and pulled the .25 ACP Baby Browning from my brassiere and quickly shot him in the face without even looking at him.

"Jesus Kin-Ji! What the fuck?! You can't go around killing everyone!" Screamed Ivy

"Why not?" I yelled back bringing the gun down to my side, "You act like we can't find other people to work with us. And besides Ivy, you took me under wing all those years ago. Are we surprised that this is how I turned out?"