Nearly A Year

It's been a week since I heard the news

It's been a week since I heard the news. Today would've marked my being 34 weeks pregnant. Should be exciting but it's not. I've slipped into depression again.

I haven't left my room. I haven't seen Ivy much and I haven't eaten.

*Knock, Knock*

I lifted my head towards the door but said nothing.

Once it opened it revealed Mary, my 'maid'.

"Yes, Mary?" I said lowly

"Your doctors appointment is today... we have to get you ready before Sir Ivy comes to retrieve you." She said quickly as she walked to my closet.

I rolled over to face my windows and away from her.

"Queen Kin-Ji, please." she sighed

I didn't speak, I just continued to stare at the windows as I felt things being placed onto the other side of my bed.

I peaked over my shoulder to see that she was placing my clothes for the day. I rolled my eyes and tucked myself deeper into the blankets when the door slammed open.

"We've got 10 minutes, Mary! Why the fuck is she still sleeping?!" exclaimed Ivy

"N-No Sir Ivy, I was trying--She just--Sir--" Mary was silenced by a loud slap that I assumed was across her face.

"Get out. I'll do it myself." he said before stomping over to my side of the bed.

I heard Mary whimper and the heels of her shoes taking off.

"Kin-Ji." he said, staring down at me, "Get up. Come on, you're not pregnant anymore so no ones babying you. Get up."

"Why do I need to go? Hm? MY babies are dead so there's no need to get check ups." I said blankly

"Because, I don't need my fucking wife getting sicka and dying off. You still have responsibilities as Queen Kin-Ji. We've given you a week off but you've got to get the fuck over this. We have an exciting ball to get you ready for." he said, finishing with a wide smile.

"Okay, you don't have to get dressed." he said before bringing his wrist up and checking his watch.

Then suddenly I felt him grip my forearm and drag me out of the bed. I jolted up onto my feet as he pulled me out of the room.

"Ivy, let go of me!" I yelled as he continued to pull

"Stop fighting." he said monotonously

"Fuck you." I hissed

"Please?" he said looking over he shoulder, smiling cheekily

"You wish." I said

He chuckled as we reached Julia's office. He opened the door and threw me inside before slamming the door shut behind us and pushing me towards the table. "Get on it." he stated