11- "I'd rather prefer the junior sitting next to me."

Pallavi could hardly bring herself to finish her lunch. Her nerves wouldn't calm down, her stomach wouldn't stop raging butterflies. She was anticipating so much she was afraid the universe would do something to fuck it up.

Fortunately, it didn't.

"Write our names." Adhvik ordered her to write in a piece of paper he gave which was their gate pass. For a while, Pallavi sat there numb, probably confused as to where to write until he pointed it out. "Just put Adhvik plus Pallavi."

Adhvik + Pallavi.

A blush crept up her cheeks. This was embarassing. So embarrassing.

But Adhvik didn't seem to care any less. Maybe she was just imagining things when she saw his smile. It was her first disappointment.

The second disappointment came when they sat in the SUV provided by the office. She expected him to sit with her in the back but he lovingly maintained his distance by sitting in the front. The whole journey was spent with him and the driver chatting amongst each other with only occasional questions from Pallavi. It was her fault. She was expecting too much. This wasn't a date. Period.

However, her sulking mood wiped off as soon as they entered the lane where Mi Xiaomi was. All Pallavi could see was huge border walls that seemed to stretch for eternity. It was almost a minute later, when they reached the main gate. Just how big was it?

"Presenting you..." Adhvik trailed off as the gates opened to reveal a long and wide pathway. There was a building to the right and a small checking room in the middle while the road in the right seem to stretch forever. He extended his hand towards it as if it were his property. "My future."

Pallavi let out an O. "Niice! I hope it comes true for you."

"I hope so..." Adhvik mumbled, disheartingly. "Anyway, let's check in first."

They got themselves checked by the security first. During that time, they were asked to submit their android phone. Another security person who stood at the other side of the glass booth, took their devices and pasted a blue sticker at its front and back camera.

"Heh, we aren't supposed to take photos? What a bummer!" Pallavi commented, in disbelief.

"Its not that bad, you know." Adhvik replied. "In a way, you'll be able to enjoy the view without taking a selfie every now and then. Just be there."

Soon Pallavi set off for the great tour. When she asked Adhvik where the R and D department of Xiaomi was, he gauged around. "Well, the office to the left oversees the production of other gadgets... So I think our department will be on the right side."

"You think?"

"Eh, actually it's been more than a year since I last visited here. I heard the office for R and D has been shifted to a new office so... " He showed his teeth, guiltily.

"Fantastic!" Pallavi replied smiling sarcastically then got serious. "Let's just ask the guards instead."

After asking the guards, they started walking towards the right, passing by a badminton court on the way. The end of a narrow path revealed a long, wide road ahead. The office buildings and warehouses were to the left side- each of them were atleast fifty feet apart from each other. While the right side hosted a series of game fields- a football field, a tennis field and a basketball field. The road stretched so far it almost resembled a runaway for planes. There were a series of office buildings and blue warehouses, separated widely from each other. For a while Pallavi stood there, absorbing the view, flabbergasted.

"Never seen an office like this before, huh?" Adhvik voiced out her reaction.

"Never..."

"Do people work or play games here?"