33- "I want you."

Pallavi's life was going haywire. On one hand, her time in Mansur were getting shorter while on other hand, her days were getting brighter.

“Here's the sim tray,” Pallavi handed out the sim tray Adhvik had asked for lazily. The instant he got it, he threw it back at her. Pallavi extended her palms to catch it but failed as it fell on the floor. “Aree what are you doing?”

“Here, take this and this, too” He threw a piece of front cover he had, followed by another piece of sim tray and another. Pallavi was fully awake now as she displayed her hands to defend herself.

Aree, aree, pagal ho gye ho kya?!” She retorted then took a piece he threw earlier to throw it back at him, followed by another. This ordeal had unknowingly wheeled their chairs closer to each other.
It was like a a pillow fight, except instead of pillows, it was child parts.

When it stopped, Adhvik took a sketch pen and motioned her something. “Give me your hand.”

“Why?”

“To write something of course.”

“Never. I'm not falling for your shenanigans.” Pallavi refused, crossing her arms in defense.

Later on, she regretted it. Even if something was odd with him, it wouldn't  hurt to offer her hand and see what he intended to write.

On one evening, Pallavi went to the pantry for a cup of coffee. She groaned to herself when she saw the room occupied by none other Adhvik and his beloved boyfriend, Harshit. The entrance was too small for someone else to barge in. Funny, he wasn't stepping aside either. Neither did she told him so.

So she did the only thing left to do. She stepped inside the pantry. A chill ran through her body as her side brushed against Adhvik's. Both of them flicked their heads, their dark eyes meeting for the first time in a long time. Their eyes that conveyed everything from surprise to curiosity, to something else. They parted ways, wearing a hideous smile.

Perhaps Pallavi went back a few chapters back to their flirtatious days. Perhaps she had skipped few chapters again. Whatever it was, she couldn't deny it.

Something was happening.

There was something stirring in the air that was transpiring right into Pallavi and Adhvik. She just couldn't pin- point what. Neither she could pen down when. She just knew it began sometime after they talked about Valentine's Day again. But why? No, she didn't want to think about it. She was already sick of the plethora of theories she formed in her head earlier on. No point in repeating it all over again. Just keep your logic aside and go with the flow.

And Pallavi did, which included a surplus of jokes. Non- vegetarian jokes. Let's illustrate this with an example.

“Look at the number of holes this jig has.” Pallavi said, carefully checking out a testing machine with circular holes arranged in rows and columns. What was it used for, she no longer cared. “I bet anything sizable could be inserted in it.”

“You mean... like this?” Adhvik demonstrated by inserting his fingers and then almost two. He moved it up and down as if trying to finger the hole. He smirked at Pallavi's lack of speech.

Both of them averted away in the next moment, covering either their mouths like a kid caught stealing.

Adhvik clicked his tongue in disdain, “You've got such a dirty mind. No one can suspect it behind your innocent face.”

“Oh, please!” Pallavi dismissed with her hand. “You are no less perverted either. You just fingered those non- living holes. And the other day you joked about Sai anal thrusting himself when he was just trying to look at the microscope, behind a guy. It's like you are obsessed with gay sex.”

More Than Friends ✔जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें