62~ "Do you want to know a secret?"

(Warning- *ahem* content ahead)

Pallavi's heart thudded inside her chest, matching with the speed of her legs as it exited the cinema hall.

Yes, she had taken the H route and there was no going back. By H route, we mean the Hotel.

Was this the right choice? She panicked over as she and Umang browsed through the nearby cheap hotels. Umang sensed her restlessness from a mile away and assured her that they wouldn't do anything if she wasn't comfortable for it. That they could just have lunch, talk and watch TV for the rest of the afternoon if she wished to.

But hotels weren't meant to watch TV. Something was bound to happen even if it didn't escalate to sex. It made her insides churn, both with dread and excitement.

Umang suggested to have soft corn as they waited for the cab on the way. As he went over the stall to give their order, Pallavi had an inkling to check him out. Of course she did that on multiple occasions but a proper check still availed.

With some self motivation, Pallavi turned to face his broad back and dropped her gaze to his jeans hugging his ass. Two seconds passed.

Only to turn herself to the other side, burying her face between her hands.

Oh, God, oh God, I can't believe I did that!! But his ass didn't look bad. Fuck, I'm a bad girl! Pallavi's mind screamed in embarrassment while I facepalmed for this protagonist.

As the duo reached the destination, the reality finally hit Pallavi like a ton of bricks. Would he hate if she fleed away right now? No, it would be foolish to back out now. It took a few calm breaths and some self talking to gather the courage for the next step.

Apparently, it was an Oyo hotel room. Pallavi recalled a past conversation she had with Karan about never being to Oyo. To think it would come true like this with a completely different man. Unbelievable! The hotel was small compared to other ones she had been with her family. Still, it was well furnished with dark tiles and decent looking walls. Both Pallavi and Umang flashed their IDs and paid the bill to the receptionist after which he handed them the room key to 301. Pallavi gulped.

This was it.

This was IT!

Pallavi and Umang climbed up the stairs, then through the narrow corridor of doors until they came across the one that wrote 301. Her heart was in her mouth by now.

Pallavi's face nearly went white when Umang put a lash on the door after they entered. Before it turned into a horror movie, Umang sat on the chair nearby and ushered her to sit on the bed.

"Ar- aren't you going to sit on bed?"

"No, not now. You look like you're about to faint so..." He said, the corner of his lips lifting up. "I'm fine here. You make yourself comfortable first."

"Okay," Pallavi replied. That was considerate of him.

Silence passed. Pallavi was worryingly staring at her mobile whose battery was only 10%. She asked for a spare charger from the hotel but they didn't have one. She then noticed Umang lit up a cigarette. It was his second one. He had purchased one on the way to the hotel alongwith two cans of cold drink and peanuts.

"Can I have one, too?"

"You sure?" He said indicating his cigarette with one brow raised.

"Yeah, I do smoke on rare occasions," Pallavi replied, recalling the times she smoked with Adhvik. As proof she took one and blew smoke out of it smoothly, thus proving her point. Perhaps guys liked that-- a rebellious one or that's what his dark eyes indicated as it accessed her. She eventually diverted away, being too conscious by it.