27- "It's amazing how you still fall for my lies."

A gentle warning- This chapter might annoy you a bit. And it's long. Happy reading!

* * * *

The next day came as a slight shocker when Ranjan announced his resignation to the development team. So the rumor about hiring Ankur to replace Ranjan was indeed true. This department sure replaced employees like clothing. Even Ashwini was fired after one month although none of them upright admitted it. Perhaps they resigned on their own. Pallavi asked Adhvik about the truth behind Ranjan's resignation but Adhvik remained mum. Perhaps Pallavi wasn't supposed to know.

Thereafter, their department conducted a small farewell party for Ranjan with samosas and cold drinks. Meanwhile, Ankur did his thing by joining the trio for a conversation. He behaved like that fourth guy, trying to fit the  backseat of a car that was already filled with three people. Moreover Adhvik's sarcastic replies weren't helping. For some reason, Adhvik didn't seem to warm up to him.

* * *

It was a relentless week— the documents, pehs registration, production & assembly of child parts, approval by Xiaomi amongst other minor things that were done in coordination, after which the Xiaomi model of N50 was in production. With the completion of N series of Xiaomi models, Manager Hyoung Lee finally announced what the development department ached to hear for the past five months.

“Let's pack up, everyone. We have a party tonight!” Lee announced and the little crowd broke into loud cheers. Pallavi was amazed at how the mood changed drastically. The celebratory atmosphere could be compared to a huge office project being completed, or a film crew finishing their movie shoot.

Tulsi seemed reluctant at first but Hyoung assured her he will arrange the cab himself to drop the girls home. Meanwhile Pallavi pleaded her Mum to let her be in this dinner party. Mrs Khuranna agreed with a condition that she would return home before than her father. She decided not to tell her husband about it.

Two vehicles were arranged for the ride to Korean Delight— The very same restaurant where the trio went with Se- hun. At 5:30 pm, the employees were instructed to head towards the van. Pallavi began to do the same but stopped when she noticed Adhvik working furiously over the keyboard. Was he kidding?

“You are coming, right?” Pallavi asked, Adhvik, already sounding distressed at the thought of him not going.

“No, your Adhvik sir is not coming.” Someone else replied for him, almost shocking Pallavi as whirled her head to Tiwari. There was no trace of annoyance or jealousy. Was he... teasing her? A furious blush formed her cheeks.

“Actually Adhvik has to finish a small errand. He will join you all later with us.” Said Hyoung as he came into their view. What's with other people answering for Adhvik like he was shared property?

“Exactly as he says. I'll go in their car and join you guys. After all, who can say no to free booze and food.”

Thereafter Pallavi climbed onto the van, sitting alongside Tulsi and Ankur. Her nose flared in disbelief upon seeing Badboy in the front seat. Since he was responsible for N50, an invite was extended to him as well. If only Pallavi rewarded him with chappals instead. Badboy behaved like a typical school teacher who pulled a student's ear, slapped their palms with a scale and even twisted their arms. Except Badboy wasn't a teacher and Adhvik wasn't a student. Her dislike towards that Korean only increased further. Se- hun was a thousand times better. Pallavi told Adhvik to complain about his ill behavior to the HR but Adhvik was somehow chill about it.

Nostalgia hit Pallavi and Tulsi with full force when they reached Korean delight, reminiscing their last time there. Instead of heading underground though, Badboy instructed the employees to head towards the first floor.