51- He's getting married

Okay here goes just as you asked...

PS: Sorry...

* * *

Pallavi couldn't sit still after that afternoon. Neither she could sleep. She kept glancing at her mobile waiting and not waiting for Adhvik's message at the same time. She wanted to throw it away. No, she wanted to know his outcome and be done with it. That's how anxious she was. It was killing her.

Did you meet them?

It was after a long while when Adhvik replied.

Yes, I met them.

Her heart was in her mouth by now. She typed with shaky fingers.

Was it yes or no?

Hmm.

Hmm what Adhvik?

Wait.

Pallavi paced back and forth, waiting for twenty minutes that seemed like hours. Her chest tightened. What did he meant by hmm? Does that mean it was a...?

Her mobile pinged.

It was no less than a horror movie as she opened her WhatsApp and received the most devastating news she dreaded to see in her life. Her face grew pale as she read it.

It was a yes.
Rishta taye ho gya.😄

Did u like her?
The girl.

Idk! Guess she was okay.
You can't really know
anyone from their
first meet anyway. My
opinion doesn't matter
much. The adults were
all fine with it. Sab tik
hi lag raha tha so I said
yes as well.

Congratulations.

Thank you ji.

So when's the wedding?

It's been decided. Perhaps
after a few months.

What's her name?

Poornima.

* * *

It was a bright afternoon. Sunlight peeked between the little gaps of the curtains. Inside the room, Deepali was currently watching something on her laptop when she caught a glimpse of her sister entering their room. Of course she paid no heed to it until Pallavi sat opposite her and broke down limp with her head on the bed.

Deepali unplugged her earphones, alarmed. "Pallavi, what's the matter?"

"Adhvik, he..." Pallavi gulped between her tears, her mouth trembling. She took three long breaths before voicing out her nightmare that transitioned to her reality. "He's getting married."

It was over.

* * *

Pallavi had been sobbing almost nonstop since evening. Perhaps the last time she teared this much was when Adhvik had friendzoned her during the Valentine's Day two years ago. That day seemed like a minuscule affair now.

This was ten times worse.

Her heart ached like never before. It was as if someone was slowly tearing it away, making her gasp for air. She wanted to stop crying but her emotions didn't allow her to. She wished to sleep but her reality didn't allow her to. She refused to accept this. Just yesterday, Adhvik yelled 'I love you' to her at the bus stop and today he informed he was getting married?! How he could be so casual about this? Was he that desperate about marriage?