Chapter 8

I opened my eyes to reveal a dark room. I blink a few times for my eyes to adjust to the darkness. I reached for my phone and hit the button so the screen would light up. The screen showed 5:32 in the morning. I rolled back over so my face was in the couch. I felt the couch underneath me shift.

I sit up a little and looked at the other end of the couch. I saw a figure laying there, I was able to make out some of the figure. It was Jeremiah. I looked at the other couch and saw a figure that I recognized as Ace. I smiled as I looked and saw him curdled up in a ball.

I looked onto the floor and saw two figures. Then I remembered that I had fallen asleep while we were watching a movie. I remembered that Weston and Blake had laid on the floor. Everyone must have fallen asleep while watching the movie. I rolled back over but couldn’t fall back asleep. I laid there for about another hour before I got up and walked over to the bathroom.

I looked in the mirror and then pulled my hair into a ponytail. I put toothpaste on the finger and ran it threw my mouth. I took the cup that was sitting on the sink and filled it with cold water. I walked back into the room and set it on the coffee table. I went back into the bathroom and found three more cups. I filled them with water also and walked back into the room.

I placed all of the cups on the table except one. I walked over to Weston who was laying sound asleep on the floor and began to pour the water slowly on his face. He moved his hand up to his face and began to wipe away the water. I dumped the cup completely over and the rest of the water hit him in the face. He didn’t make any noises, only opened his eyes and smiled at me.

I picked up another cup and walked over to Blake. I drizzled the entire cup on him and he shot upright and glared at me. I put my finger over my mouth to signal to him to be quiet. He nodded and then turned around to watch me.

I picked up another cup and dumped the whole entire thing all over Ace. He arose quickly from his sleep and jumped off the couch. He wrapped his arms around me to keep me from getting to Jeremiah.

I managed to get the last cup in my hands before he wrapped his arms around me. He began to carry me away, so I threw the rest of the water on Jeremiah which caused him to scream. He looked at me and I smirked. He got up off the couch and grabbed my feet.

Ace and him carried me up the stairs and out the front door. When we got outside, it was still kind of dark out. Jeremiah looked at me and then said.

“Do you want to apologize for what you did?”

“No, actually I don’t” they walked around the house out to Weston’s backyard. His pool came into sight, and I knew actually what they were going to do. They walked over to the edge and Jere dropped my feet. I wrapped my arms around Ace's neck. I hung on really tight so if he threw my into the pool, he would come with me. He was about to throw me when Jeremiah pushed Ace from behind. I grabbed Jere's hand right before Ace and I landed in the pool.

I broke the surface, with one of arms Ace's neck and the other holding onto Jeremiah’s hand. Weston and Blake came through the back door carrying a towel. I swam to the edge of the pool and climbed out. I walked over to them and Blake wrapped the towel around me. I walked toward the house and they followed, leaving Ace and Jeremiah outside in the cold without a towel.

I walked upstairs and knocked on a bedroom door. The door swung open to reveal Weston’s sister Abby standing there. She invited me in and I asked her if I could borrow some clothes. She handed me a pair a comfy shorts and a t-shirt. I changed in her bathroom and then thanked her and walked to the hallway closet. I grabbed two towels and walked outside.

They both climbed out of the pool and I handed them each a towel. They wrapped themselves up in the towels and then followed me back in the house. I waited for them to change into some of Weston’s clothes that he was letting them borrow. Once they were in dry clothes, I said my goodbyes before walking out and getting into my car.