Chapter 15

As the last curl hit my back, I walked out of the bathroom and into my closet. I took the dress that Ace bought me off the hanger and slipped it on. It was strapless and the top was beaded and the rest of it was white. It ended at mid-thigh and was the prettiest thing I have ever saw. I cannot imagine how much money he spent on it, I don’t think I want to know.

I slipped on the heels that he bought me to go with my dress and walked back into the bathroom. I had just finished applying my makeup, carefully so I didn’t get any on my dress, when I heard a knock at my door. I walked out of the bathroom and over to my bedroom door.

I opened the door to see my brother standing there. It has only been one day since our talk, but we are already acting different around each other. I for one am so glad to have him back in my life.

“You look stunning, Caroline,” he said as he leaned against the door frame.

“Hey good looking,” Cole said as a huge smirk filled his face.

“Jake, what is he doing here?”

“He is actually going to be staying with us for a while. His parents went on a business trip, and they aren’t sure when they are going to be back,” Jake said with a serious expression.

“Are you kidding me? I don’t want him in the same house as me for a night, let alone a month or two.”

“Darling, your going to have to get used to it,” Cole said and then walked away. My brother left with him and I was alone in my room again. I walked over to my vanity and grabbed some jewelry to go with my outfit. I was putting on my jewelry when the doorbell rang.

I heard the door open and voices fill the room. The voices belonged to Ace and my brother. I took a death breath and then grabbed my last minute things. I walked out of my room, pulling the door shut behind me and walked to the top of the stairs.

I took a deep breath and starting making my way down the stairs. When the living room came into sight, all of the heads turned toward me. I continued walking down the stairs carefully, to make sure that I didn’t fall down them. When I got to the end of the stairs, Ace was there with his hand held out to me.

I grabbed his hand and then he led me into the living room. My mom, brother, and Cole were in there watching us. My mom had her camera in her hand so I knew we would be taking pictures.

Ace and I got a bunch of pictures together because my mom insisted on it. I even posed for some with my brother, which was nice for a change. Cole begged for me to take a picture with him, so I did.

After the pictures, Ace and I walked out to his truck. Before he opened the door for me, he said,

“Caroline, you look absolutely beautiful.” I tried so hard to stop the blush from reaching my cheeks, but it did so I looked down toward the ground. He lifted up my chin with his hand and then kissed me on the nose. I smiled and then I said,

“Thank you Ace, you look pretty good yourself.”

“Honey, I know I do.”

“Big ego much?” he smirked then opened up the door for me. He lifted me off the grow and then onto my seat. I smiled at him as I buckled my seat belt. He closed the door and walked around to the driver side of the car. He pulled out of the driveway with one hand on the steering wheel and one on the back on my seat.

We rode like this the whole way to the school. We pulled into the parking lot and he parked his truck. He came around to my side of the car and opened my door. He helped me out and then grabbed my small hand in his big one.

We walked into the school like this and were stopped to get a picture. We posed for a picture and then continued to the gym. When we entered the gym, it was completely transformed. There were decorations everywhere and it looked so pretty.