Chapter 7

I walked around to the driver side of the car and there was Cooper leaning against the door with a huge smile on his face.

“Was this you?” I asked pointing to my car,

“The message on the back window, no it wasn’t. It was on there when I got here, who did it?”

“I’m not sure. Where is your car?’

“My buddy dropped me off on his way to get something to eat”

“Why didn’t you go with him?”

“Because I was wondering if you wanted to go get something to eat with me?” Today is Tuesday and the boys' practice runs late on Tuesday, so I don’t hangout with them on Tuesdays anyway, so I said yes.

“Caroline, do you mind if I drive? I was really weird about other people driving me car. The only other people who have drove it are Jeremiah and Ace, but I am really tired and don’t feel like driving, so I said yes.

Cooper got into the driver seat and I walked around and got in the other side. I threw my stuff into the back seat and turned up the radio a little bit. We drove in an uncomfortable silence until he pulled into a local restaurant. We got out of the car and walked into the restaurant.

As soon as we entered the building, a group of boys from a table in the back yelled Cooper’s name. He walked toward them and I followed him. He pulled out a chair for me beside a cute blonde haired boy with chocolate brown eyes. I sat in the chair and he pulled one out beside me and sat down.

The boys introduced themselves and there were a total of 15 of them including Cooper. The boys sitting beside me was Finn and there were Carson, Elliot, Tanner, Ben, Spencer, Justin, Erik, Trenton, Kane, Andy, Mason, Jackson, and Mike. They were all extremely nice but they didn’t even compare to my boys. I got asked a lot of questions about Ace, it was really weird.

They also asked me questions about Hayden and Jeremiah. We ate our food and then I said my good byes and walked to my car. I got in and drove home and went up to my room and fell right to sleep.

_____________________________________________________________________________________

The rest of the week went by super fast, and before I knew it, it was Friday. Today was the first football game of the season so we were having a pep rally in school today. It was for the football team and the other fall sports. We would also find out who the candidates were for homecoming queen and king.

I showered and straightened my hair. I applied a little makeup and threw on one of Ace’s football shirts. He always lets me wear one of his shirts to support the team. The one I have on today lists the names of the players on the back and the football team name of the front. I put on my gray vans and shorts and walked downstairs.

There was a note on the counter that was from my mom. The note said:

Jeremiah called and said he was going to give you a ride to school this morning. Have a good day, love you.

I went into the living room and watched a little bit of TV until a heard a honk outside. I walked outside and climbed into Jeremiah’s truck. He was wearing his jersey. His number was 14, he told me that he chose that number because it was one of my favorite numbers. He said I was one of his good luck charms.

We drove to the school and pulled into a parking lot and got out of the truck and were surrounded by the rest of the team. They all had their jerseys on and were really excited for the game. We walked into the school and I stopped at my locker to get my stuff for my first class. When I opened my locker, a slip of paper fell out. I reached down and grabbed the paper off the floor and opened it. It said: