Chapter 26

After spending a few hours hanging out with the boys, Jeremiah drove me home and dropped me off.  Before I got out of his car he said.

“Caroline, I am really sorry for scaring you, but I couldn’t stand you and Ace fighting anymore.  I needed a way to fix it, and I figured that way would work the best,” he said to me with a lot of sincerity. 

“I forgive you, and I thank you because without you Ace and I would still be fighting.”  Light filled the outdoors around us, and that is when I realized that someone had open the front door to my house.  

“Caroline is that you?” I heard Cole yell.

“Yeah, I’m coming.”  I said my goodbyes to Jeremiah and looked toward the porch to see Cole standing there impatiently.  I got out of the car and walked toward the door.  

I approached an angry Cole.  He grabbed my arm and pulled me into the house, and he slammed the door.  I pushed me into the living room and onto the couch.  He stood above me and began questioning me.

“Where were you?”

“I was somewhere with the guys,” I answered looking at him, seeing the anger in him rise.

“I asked where you were!”  He shouted.

“I was at a warehouse.  Jeremiah and a few of the boys came to the house and took me there because the other boys were bringing Ace there.”

“Why did they take you there?”

“Ace and I have been fighting for a while, and they wanted us to make up.  They thought that bringing us to the warehouse against our will and putting us in a room together would allow us to talk it out and makeup.”

“Who brought you home?”

“Jeremiah did.  Why are you asking so many questions?”

“You didn’t think that maybe you should text me so that when I came home and realized you weren’t here, I didn’t freak out.”

“Oh come on Cole, you couldn’t have freaked out that bad.”

“It doesn’t even matter.  I don’t want you hanging out with those friends of yours anymore,” he said with complete seriousness. 

“Yeah, like you can tell me to stop,”  I said, my voice dripping with sarcasm.

“Oh Caroline I can.”  I stood up from my sitting position of the couch and past him and toward the stairs.  “And just where do you think you are going?”  He asked.

I didn’t even turn around when I answered him.

“To my room.  I have had enough of you tonight, thinking that you can control my life and tell me who I am allowed and not allowed to be friends with.”  I didn’t even give him time to answer.  I walked up the stairs and into my room, slamming the door behind me.  

I sat on my bed and turned on the T.V.  I heard footsteps come up the stairs, and I figured they belonged to Cole.  The footsteps disappeared, so I figured he went into his room.  I continued to watch some T.V., and then I heard them again.  This time, they stopped in front of my door.

“Caroline I’m sorry.  Can you please open up and let me in?”  I didn’t answer, but he continued to talk to me through my door.  I continued not to answer.  

I pulled out my phone and the piece of paper that had Jay’s number written on it.  I typed it into my phone and placed it up to my ear.  It rang a couple of times and then he answered.

“Hello?”  he asked with a questionable tone.  

“Hey, it’s Caroline.”

“Caroline, I have been expecting your call.”

“Oh really?”  I asked.  

“Yeah, Jeremiah told me that you mentioned our meeting to him.”

“Yeah I did. He told me that I would love you, but not as much as him.”

“That definitely sounds like Jeremiah,”  he said with a chuckle.

“Yeah he is definitely something.”

“So what made you call so soon?” he asked.

“I was wondering if maybe you wanted to meet somewhere tomorrow for lunch?”

“Don’t you have school?”

“Yeah, but I could go off of campus for lunch and meet you somewhere.”

“That sounds like a plan.  I am really looking forward to getting to know you.  I have heard great things about you,”  he said very sweetly.

“So I’ve been told.  So tomorrow at around 11:30?”

“Sounds good.  How about we meet at the Café on the Corner?”

“Sounds like a plan.  See you tomorrow Jay.”

“You too Caroline.  Have a great night.”

“Thanks, you too.”  I hung up the phone and placed it on the table beside my bed.  

“Who were you talking to?  It better not have been one of those guys,” Cole said, startling me.

“One of those guys, is that what you call them now? And what if it was?”

“Was it?”  he asked.

“No it was Jay, Jeremiah’s cousin.”

“I don’t want you talking to him either!” Cole shouted from the other side of the door.  

“Well you aren’t going to stop me, but try all you want,”  I said with a hint of triumph evident in my voice.  I heard him sigh and then his footsteps became distant. 

_____________________________________________________________________________

It isn't editied so please excuse the mistakes.  This chapter is a little bit of a filler, leading up to the next chapter.  The next chapter is going to include the lunch with Jay.  

Please vote, comment, and share.

Question of the chapter:  What do you expect to happen between Caroline and Jay when they meet for lunch?