Chapter 6

I woke up the next morning to the sound of the bird chirping. I could tell it was Sunday because they are extremely loud on that day.

Last night when I got home, I realized that Alex left some of her stuff here. I got out of bed and changed into comfy shorts and a t-shirt. I walked into the bathroom and brushed my teeth and pulled my hair into a messy bun.

I walked over to my nightstand and grabbed my phone and Alex’s things and walked down the stairs and out the door, I climbed into my car and went to lay her stuff on the passenger seat when I saw a sheet of paper laying there. I picked it up and in big letters, it read:

IT'S PUTTING EVERYTHING WE EVER WORKED FOR IN DANGER, IT COULD RUIN EVERYTHING. IT COULD ALL COME CRUMBLING DOWN, IT COULD RUIN US.

This was really starting to creep me out. It was in the same writing as last night and I couldn’t seem to write it. It is one thing to put it into my clutch but in my jeep? I am pretty sure it was locked last night so I don’t know how they would have got it in there.

I pulled into Alex’s driveway and parked my car. I took a deep breath and grabbed her things and the paper and walked to her front door. I knocked on the door and it opened to reveal Alex standing there smiling. I gave her the stuff and she invited me in.

I followed her into the living room and we sat on the couch facing each other. I started to explain about the note that was in my clutch last night. I then handed her the note that was in my car this morning and she read it aloud a few times before saying

“Do you think it is one of the boys?”

“No, I know what all of their handwriting looks like and that doesn’t look like any of theirs”

“What about the guy from last night that you danced with?”

“Cooper? I don’t think it was him, he doesn’t know where I live. So if it was him, I would say that I have myself a personal stalker”

“I will try my best to figure out who this is, it is making me just as curious as you”

“Thank you so much Alex, it means a lot” I stood up and said my goodbyes and then walked to the front door showing myself out. I walked to my car and got in and drove home. I walked through my front door and up to my room.

As I was about to go get a shower, my phone rang. I walked over to my phone and looked at the screen. Hayden’s picture and name appeared on the screen and I hit the button to answer it. He asked me if I wanted to hangout and I said yes and then hung up.

I walked into the bathroom and showered. I blow dried my hair and pulled it into a ponytail and changed into jeans and a t-shirt. I walked out of the bathroom and slipped on a pair of sandals and grabbed my phone and headed downstairs. I sat on the couch and watched about ten minutes of TV before I heard a horn honk.

I shut off the TV and walked outside and climbed into Hayden’s car. I tried to ask where we were going, but he kept ignoring me. We drove for a while before we turned into the movie theatre. We got out of the car and walked in and purchased our tickets. Hayden bought tickets to see a chick flick and I wrapped my arms around him and screamed. People started looking our way and I let go of him.

We walked over to the concession stand and while Hayden order popcorn and soda my phone rang. I answered the phone and a voice said

“Hey”

“Ummm, who is this?”

“It is Cooper, from the banquet”

“Oh Cooper, how could I forget?”