Chapter 9

I watched out the window as the scenery passed. I kept guessing places that we could be going, and Jere kept telling me I was wrong. Whether he is telling the truth or not, I have no clue. We turned into one of the parks near his house and he drove on the wide open field.

He put his car in park and turned off the engine. He climbed out and I did the same. He climbed into the bed off his truck and reached for my hands to help me up. He pulled out a bag and opened it up to reveal two sandwiches and two sodas.

We ate the food in silence. It was a comfortable silence and something about it was amazing. He broke the silence by saying.

"Umm...I was wondering if you would be my date to my dad's wedding?" he said it in a nervous way that almost made it seem like he was scared to ask and scared about my answer.

"Go to a wedding with you, oh how I would be honored" I said while nudging his elbow with mine. He looked at me and a grin filled his face from ear to ear. "Did you really think I was going to say no?"

"I don't know, I just thought maybe it was too much to ask since we are just friends"

"Jere, you know I would do anything for you and with you, nothing is ever too much" I said. He didn't reply, instead he wrapped his arms around me and pulled me into a hug. We got back into his car and then he drove me to my house and dropped me off.

_____________________________________________________________________________________

The rest of the weekend went by in a flash and before I knew it, it was Monday. We have a hockey game today so I wore one of my hockey shirts. I don't ever drive my car to school on game days, it is a tradition for one of the boys to drive me to school.

Today Hayden was my ride. I walked outside after eating breakfast and was greeted by a smiling Hayden. I got into his car and saw that he was wearing one of the shirts that they boys made for me. This one just had a picture of me on the front and my last name and number on the back.

"What are you so happy about Hayden?"

"Oh, you'll see" That statement he made, kind of made me a little bit nervous to go to school. We drove the rest of the way to school listening to the radio and occasionally talking. When we pulled into the parking lot and that's when I saw it.

Cooper was standing outside of my school along with the rest of the boys. They all had banners and signs about me. I searched the boys but I couldn't find Jeremiah anywhere. Hayden pulled into a parking space and we both got out of the car.

I was pulled to the side by Jeremiah. He looked at me with a sorry expression and then said.

"I tried to convince them that you wouldn't like this. They wouldn't listen to me, and I didn't want to tell them what happened. I figured you would tell them when you are ready"

"Jere, calm down. It is okay, and thanks for not telling them"

"Anytime, and what are you planning on doing about this situation?" he said as he pointed to the boys standing in the front lawn of the school.

"This" I replied before walking off. I walked onto the lawn and said hello to everyone but Cooper. I thanked them and told them that I had to get going. As I was walking away, Cooper yelled my name.

"What?" I turned around and snapped at him.

"No hello for me?" he said with a smirk.

"What makes you think that you would get a hello"

"I am your boyfriend"

"Excuse me, you are not my boyfriend. I would never be a girlfriend to a jerk like you."