Chapter 18

The past couple of weeks have gone by extremely fast. Everything has been about normal and nothing out of place has happened. It has been an enjoyable past couple of weeks. Today was the championship game for the football team. It was on a Saturday, so we don’t have school today.

I walked out of the bathroom in a tank top and jean shorts. I had my hair straightened and my bangs pinned back. I walked down the stairs and into the kitchen where I saw Cole looking in the fridge.

Ever since that night that we watched a movie together and I fell asleep in his lap, things have been kind of weird between us. When we see each other we only saw the necessary words and then go on with our lives.

I cleared my throat and watched as he jumped and slammed the fridge door. I tried to hold in a laugh, but it escaped my mouth anyway. He walked toward me and pinned me into the corner. He had his arms on either side of my head and he had me trapped.

I was thinking of ways I could escape when he spoke up.

“Did you think that was funny?”

“Very funny actually.”

“Wrong answer,” he said as he smirked. An idea finally hit me so I acted upon it. I sunk my teeth into his arm and watched as he cried out in pain. He lowered his arm and grabbed it with the other one. I knew that it was time to escape if I wanted to get away.

I took off running. I ran out of the kitchen and into the living room. I was headed for the stairs when I began to hear footsteps behind me. To say I was scared, was an understatement. I was terrified. Cole is a big guy and sometimes gets a little carried away.

I ran up the stairs with everything in my and turned left once I hit the top. I ran through the hallway and listened to hear the footsteps getting closer. I made a split decision and reached for the closet door. As soon as my hand grabbed onto the knob, a pair of strong arms wrapped around my waist and pulled me away from the door.

Cole threw me over his shoulder and carried me back down stairs. I tried my best to make him set me down, but he wouldn’t. I watched as we got closer to the kitchen. When we entered it, he threw me off of his shoulder and onto the tile floor.

I expected to hit the ground with a great force, but to my surprise I hit the ground very lightly. He came closer to me and began to tickle me. I screamed as long as I could and fought back as much as I could, but nothing worked.

“Cole, please stop it,” I yelled out.

“Why? That would take all of the fun out of it,” he said with a smirk. I screamed at him some more until he finally spoke up again. “Tell me I am the cutest boy you have ever seen, and I will stop tickling you.”

“Why would I say that, it would be nothing but a complete lie.”

“Wrong answer princess,” he said as he began to tickle me even more. After I couldn’t take it anymore, I cried out in desperation.

“Okay, okay, you are the cutest boy I have ever seen,” I said as a huge smile filled his face. He stopped tickling me and helped me up off of the ground.

“I knew you would come around one day sweetheart. I just didn’t expect you to say that. I mean there are a lot of boys in this world, and you think I am the cutest.” I ignored his words and walked over to the fridge. “What are you doing?” he asked.

“I am making breakfast, what else would I be doing?”

“Can I help?”

“Do you even know how to cook?”

“You would be surprised sweet cheeks.”

“What is up with you and all of these lame nicknames?”