Chapter 11

Authors note:  I tried writing in different point of views. Let me know how you liked it.

I woke up the next morning and saw that Ace was still asleep, so I jumped into the shower. When I got out of the shower, I preceded to get ready quietly so I didn’t wake Ace. When I was finished getting ready, I went and sat on the edge of my bed.

I shook Ace a little bit to wake him up. He turned to face me and then opened his eyes. He looked up at me before jumping out of my bed and walking into the hallway. I made my bed and sat in my room watching TV until Ace came back in with wet hair and new clothes.

We walked down the stairs together and climbed into Ace’s truck. He drove to the local diner and we ate some breakfast before going to see his mother. When we were in his truck again, he handed me his phone and asked that I text his mom for her address.

She replied with her address and we set off in the direction of her house. Ace didn’t tell her I was coming, because he didn’t want her to say I couldn’t. We pulled into as driveway of a nice brown rancher style house. Before Ace opened the door, I grabbed his hand and pulled him closer to me. I whispered in his ear.

“I am by your side the whole time, you don’t have to do this alone. Your going to get through this, I know it” I released his arm and he pulled me into a hug and then climbed out of the car. I opened my door and got out and joined him in his walk to the front door.

We got to the front door and he looked at me with scared eyes. I knew he wanted me to knock, so I raised my arm and knocked on the door. A few seconds later a tall, skinny woman appeared at the door. She greeted us then invited us in.

We walked into the dinning room and sat around the table. Ace's mom who told us to call her Mindy, went to the kitchen to get us something to drink. Ace looked over at me and I gave him a reassuring smile. His mom entered and handed us each a glass of iced tea.

“So Ace, who is this beautiful young lady?” his mother asked.

Ace's cheeks began to turn a pinkish color and he turned the other way quickly so I wouldn’t see. Why was he blushing?

“Mom, this is my best friend Caroline”

“She is only your friend?”

“Yes mom”

“Well she is a beautiful young lady”

“I agree” We all turned around to see where the voice came from. I saw a adorable boy leaning against the doorway.

“And who are you?” he asked, starring into my eyes.

“I’m Ace's best friend, Caroline, and you?”

“I’m Ace's brother, Eli”

“You’re my brother?” Ace asked. His mom went on to explain everything while Eli sat down in the chair next to me. Mindy explained how Eli will be attending our school and will be joining the football team.

“Well the best players on the football team are my friends”

“Looks like we will be hanging out a lot” Eli said with a smirk similar to Ace's. Ace's by far was better, because it could make any girl melt.

The rest of the time we were there, was spent playing games and watching TV. We finished our visit with a homemade meal cooked by Mindy. It was delicious.

We said our goodbyes and Mindy invited me over whenever I wanted to come. Eli pulled me into a hug before Ace and I walked out the front door. When we got into the truck, he looked at me and said.