Chapter 10

I woke up in the morning to a couple text on my phone. I reached over to my bedside table and unlocked my phone. The text were all from Maddy and they all asked what I was doing today. I replied saying that I didn't have any plans today.

She replied saying that her, Weston, and Blake were going to the amusement park today and wanted me to go also. I agreed to go and she said that Blake would pick me up in a hour.

I jumped out of bed and went into the bathroom to shower. I dried my hair and pulled it into a ponytail and slipped on a silver sequin headband. I applied some natural looking makeup and then walked into my closet.

I pulled on a pair of jean shorts and a black tank top. I shut of all my lights off and grabbed my phone and walked down the stairs. I grabbed an apple from the fridge and sat on the couch, waiting for Blake to arrive.

I heard a honk from outside and walked out the front door. I climbed into Blake's car. He pulled out of the driveway and got onto the highway. The park was about 40 minutes from my house.

On the way there, we listened to music and talked about things going on in his life. After what seemed like forever, he pulled into the amusement park parking lot. He parked his truck beside Weston's car. We climbed out of the car and walked to the park entrance with Maddy and Weston.

Blake paid my way into the park and then we waited for Maddy and Weston to get their tickets before we headed toward the roller coasters. We got in line for one of the coasters.

We waited in line for 35 minutes but it didn't seem that long because we were chatting. When we got to the boarding station, Maddy and I got in the line for the back and Weston and Blake got in line for the cart in front of us.

While we were waiting to board and to pull out of the station, Maddy was telling me how she thinks she is starting to like Weston. I gave her some advice and told her that he would be a wonderful boyfriend for her.

The rollercoaster left the station and we couldn't stop screaming the whole time. After we got off the ride, the boys made fun of us for screaming, but we just laughed along with them.

On the next ride, I rode with Weston. I talked to him about Maddy, and he said that he liked her. I gave him the advice to make a move on her. He said he might and then the coaster took off.

After a few more rides, we grabbed a bit to eat and then played some games. Weston won Maddy a big stuffed teddy bear. Blake played every game but didn't win a single thing. Needless to say, he sucked.

Once we played games and were waiting in line for our last ride, out of the corner of my eye while I was talking to Blake, I saw Weston kiss Maddy on the forehead and grab her hand. I tapped Blake on the shoulder and whispered in his ear.

"Don't make a big deal about it, but Weston and Maddy are holding hands" he looked at me and then them then back at me before screaming.

"Awww, look how cute! I knew it would happen. I could so tell that Weston had the hots for you" I busted out laughing and Blake joined me. We were cut off by the death glares Weston and Maddy were giving us.

They continued to hold hands the whole way through line. After we got off the roller coaster we walked to the parking lot. I hugged Maddy and Weston both and then climbed into Blake's truck.

We drove back to my house and pulled into the driveway. Ace's truck  

was sitting in my driveway. I gave Blake a hug and thanked him for everything before getting out and running to my front door.

I yelled his name while running through the house. When I came to my room, I saw him laying in my bed curled up in a ball sound asleep. I walked toward him and saw that his eyes were red and puffy, so I decided to let him sleep.

I turned on my TV and put in the Lucky One. I sat on the edge of my bed. When the movie credits started rolling, I felt my bed shift. I turned the DVD player off, so regular TV would play and turned around and looked at Ace.

He looked up at me and before he could say anything, I sat next to him and held him in my arms. We sat like that for about 30 minutes before he broke the silence.

"Stacy isn't my biological mom"

"What do you mean?"

"I heard my dad talking to someone on the phone so I picked up the other house phone because it sounded serious. I listened to the conversation and found out that my mom wants to meet me" he paused as another tear came down his cheek. I wiped it away for him and then he continued.

"Once my dad hung up, I asked him about her. He told me that when I was born I had problems with my lungs. As soon as my mom gave birth to me, I was taken away. It was pretty serious so I had to stay in the hospital for two weeks. When my mom was able to go home, she left and never came back. My dad didn't know where she went, but he received divorce papers. Stacy came into my life when I was young, so I was brought up thinking she was my mom"

He stopped talking and buried his face in my chest.

"My dad told me that she wanted to talk to me, so I called her. I agreed to meet her tomorrow, but I don't think I can do it"

I looked him in the eyes and said "the Ace I know can do anything and everything" he smiled at me and then I added "if you want, I will come with you"

He looked up at me and smiled before saying "that's why your my best friend Carr"

This time, he wrapped me in a hug and held me in his arms for no reason. We sat on my bed and watched TV for a while. I looked at Ace to find him fast asleep. I wiggled out of his grip and walked into my closet. I changed into pajamas and walked to the hallway closet.

I grabbed some blankets and went back to my room. I made myself a bed on the floor and grabbed a pillow carefully from under Ace's head. I got into the bed I made on the floor and fell fast asleep.