Chapter 17

I turned on the TV and it blasted my ears. Whoever was watching it last, must have really bad hearing. Today is Sunday, the end to an amazing weekend.

I am already ready for the day. I couldn’t sleep much last night, so I woke up early and showered. Some of the boys and I plan to go ice skating today. We like it because it is different from the everyday things that we do.

I was watching TV, when I heard a noise behind me. It sounded like hushed voices and laughter. I turned around and saw my brother and Cole talking in the hallway. While my attention was on them, I felt someone slip their hands over my eyes.

They didn’t say anything, but they kept their hands on my eyes for a while. I tried to move but they held me there. I reached up to remove the hands from my eyes when they removed themselves. I looked behind me and saw nothing. I kept looking in all different directions, but I still saw nobody.

I gave up and focused my attention back on the TV screen, only to be lifted off of the couch by someone. Their one hand was holding me up and the other hand was covering my eyes. They wouldn’t let me see who they were, and I was starting to get angry.

“Whoever you are, put me down right now!”

“No can do baby,” Cole’s voice answered. I two other voices laughing and my brother was the only other person in the house with us. There was someone else in the house and I had no clue who it was.

I tried to rip off the hand that was covering my eyes. The hand that was covering my eyes lowered and revealed Ace smirking at me. I smacked him in the arm and than he dropped me to the ground. I hit the ground with a big thud and then stood back up to my feet.

Cole and my brother were both laughing at me and Ace joined in with them. I gave them all my best death glare and then walked into the kitchen. I heard footsteps behind me and then that voice that always causes me to forgive him in a heartbeat.

“You have to admit, it was funny and clever.”

“Yes Ace it was.”

“So we are good?”

“Beyond,” I answered him and then he pulled me into a big embrace. Cole and my brother joined in and we all participated in a group hug.

A little while later, Ace and I walked out to his truck and he drove toward the ice rink where some of the boys were waiting for us. We pulled into the parking lot and thank goodness it didn’t look crowded. I hated skating when they was a lot of people. I just hate it because you don’t have that much room to skate.

We entered the building and found Jeremiah, Weston, Carter, and Hayden waiting by the front desk for us. We walked up to them and then over to the register. Ace paid my way in and then we went and found a table to place our things at.

I changed into my ice skates and waited until the boys were all finished to entered the rink. We all jumped onto the ice and raced around the surface. I won of course. That is the advantage to playing hockey, I can school the boys in something.

After a few more races, Jeremiah, Ace, Carter, and Weston decided to take a break to get something the drink. Hayden and I decided to stay on the ice and continue skating. We skated together, talking about everyday life and important things. It has been a while since we have hung out, therefore we have a lot to catch each other up on.

We were skating toward the center of the ice, when I felt my feet get lifted out from under me. I felt strong arms hold me up, bridal style. I looked up to see Ace beaming his beautiful smile. I didn’t complain because I knew it wouldn’t get me anywhere. Instead, I pretended to enjoy the situation.