Chapter 22

This chapter is dedicated to my friend Maddy because she helped me think of some ideas for this chapter. Also because the character Maddy is named after her.

_____________________________________________________________________________

*Maddy's Point of View*

I heard the doorbell echo through the house. I knew that Nicole's parents weren't home and that Nicole was in her room. I could hear her music inside my room, so I know she didn't hear the doorbell. I walked out of my room and down the never ending flight of stairs.

I walked over to the front door and opened it to see Kris standing there leaning against the doorway.

"Hey Kris," I said in a cheerful voice.

"Hey Maddy, where's Nicole?"

"She is up in her room." I barely got to finish the sentence before he ran past me and flew up the stairs. I shook my head at how excited he was to see Nicole and then shut the door.

I walked into the kitchen and grabbed a bottle of water before making my way up the stairs. I heard laughter coming from Nicole's room and cracked the door open a little. Kris and Nicole were sitting on her bed, looking through photo albums.

"Nicole, what do you think I should wear for my date with Weston tonight?" I asked her.

"Where are you guys going?" she asked. I felt my phone vibrate inside my pocket. I pulled it out and checked my messages. I only had one and it was from Weston.

Maddy, I'm so sorry. Ace really needs us right now because of what is happening between him and Caroline. I have to stay with him tonight, and I can't go on our date. I am so sorry and I will make it up to you, I PROMISE!

I sighed and sent a quick reply telling him that it was okay. Then I turned to Nicole and said.

"No where, he just cancelled. He said he had to stay with Ace."

"Maddy, I know your upset, but you have to understand where he is coming from. Ace is one of his best friends and he really needs Weston right now. I am sure he is going to make it up to you, and it will probably be better than tonight was ever going to be." I didn't even reply. Instead I walked out of her room and into mine. I laid across my bed and fell asleep.

****

I woke up a couple hours. I grabbed my phone off of the end table and looked at the time. The clock said 5:00 p.m. I climbed out of my bed and changed into jeans and a nice shirt. My hair was still straight form early, so I decided to leave it that way.

I walked into Nicole's room and saw her and Kris sitting on her bed watching a movie. I didn't bother to look and see what they were watching, instead I spoke to Nicole.

"I'm going to the mall. I think I need to shop to cheer myself up." She smiled at me and told me to have fun. I closed her door and walked out into the driveway.

*Nicole's Point of View*

Kris and I were sitting on my bed watching a movie when the door opened. Maddy poked her head in and said.

"I'm going to the mall. I think I need to shop to cheer myself up." I smiled at her and told her to have fun. She shut the door and I heard her footsteps become distant.

I reached over to my side table and grabbed my phone. I dialed Weston's number and waited for him to pick up.

"Hey Weston."

"Hey Nicole."

"She just left the house. She said she was going to the mall to shop."

"Thank you so much Nicole. I owe you big for this."