Chapter 23 ~We're going to Hollywood baby~

Dedicated to Rebelist_ for her votes and her lovely book He's Swoon Worthy. I recomend checking it out.

Video is of AFL- skip to 12 minutes to get a feel for the beginning of the game so you understand what's happening on tv if you're not familiar with the sport.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

After school finally ends, I go home in my car and get ready to enjoy the weekend. I walk inside my house and head over to the lounge room to lie down on the couch and turn on the tv. I put it to Foxtel and change the channel to fox footy. For some reason there's a game on this afternoon in Melbourne and I see it still hasn't begun yet with the players warming up on the oval. I quickly get up off the couch and run upstairs to my room and throw my bag on the ground before changing into dark blue tracksuit pants and a white crop top. Running back down I scoop some ice cream into a bowl and cover it with chocolate and 100s and 1000s before running back and jumping onto the couch. The siren blares and the umpire bounces the ball in the middle of the ground. The ruckmen tap the ball and the players take the ball down to the forward pocket only for Chad Winguard to kick the ball between the two tallest posts and score a goal. Wow that was extremely quick. Looks like Port Adelaide are in good shape this season. The game is against Port Adelaide and North Melbourne. I don't really barrack for any of those teams but I guess Port has nice colours. The main team I support, much to everyones confusion are the Fremantle Dockers from Western Australia. I have no idea why but when everyone here went for east coast teams I've always stuck with them, even after the Gold Coast finally got their own team. Sometimes Bella would go for them with me but mostly she doesn't really pay attention to footy. I still can't believe Bella's parents are getting a divorce. Whenever I went over there I was always so jealous of how well their family acted together, they were like a proper family with big family meals every Sunday and stuff like that. Being an only child she gets extremely spoilt but I know she doesn't like it as that puts the pressure on her to do well, especially at netball, as they have no one else to look out for. I can see why this is causing her so much stress. If mum and John ever got a divorce and had screaming matches I could find somewhere in this mansion to hide it out and sleep in peace but I know Bella's isn't the richest family in the world so she'd be able to hear every single word spoken about her. And her mum deciding to be an actress, what is up with that? A sick feeling comes into my stomach as I realise something. What if her mum was inspired by mine and it's all my families fault that her mum is leaving? What if Bella is moved to LA because of my mums influence? If Bella moved I'd be devastated I know we only just got our friendship back on track, I think, but it's not like she hasn't been there for me over the past year. Like all the times I had no idea what to do about guys and that creep. More importantly if she moved I have no idea what would happen to Cameron. He's so whipped when it comes to her he might just hop in her bag and move over there with her.

"Ok what's up?"

"Hmm?" I look up and see John standing there looking at me.

"Usually if I turned off the tv when you're in the middle of watching something you'd have a massive rage at me." He states and I turn back to see the tv is indeed black. What? When did that happen?

"So maybe I just didn't want to watch those teams play." I retort turning back to him.

"And would you also let your ice cream melt after not even having one bite?" I look down and see my ice cream is melted with the colourful 100s and 1000s turning the vanilla ice cream rainbow.

"Ok you got me." Should I tell him? I think I can trust him I mean there's not really any reason not to.

"I just found out Bella's parents are getting a divorce and I'm trying to be there for her."