Chapter 29 ~Harder than a Where's Wally book~

Dedicated to Natashamellark99 for helping me with this chapter greatly and also for getting me through my own torturous science lessons. Thank you xx
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"Remember no one is allowed in the bedrooms and also if I find a mess when I get back you'll both be in trouble."

"Ok, bye." Kat says with a smile starting to push the front door closed.

"Hold on." John says putting his foot as a wedge between the door, stopping it from closing. Kat rolls her eyes and mutters to herself.

"Do not and I repeat do not let this get out of hand girls, we've trusted you with doing this and I do not want to get a call at 2 in the morning from the police." I instantly feel an odd sense of guilt. The tone he's using makes me feel like a child again being scolded for drawing on the walls, but this time nothing's even happened yet. Kat and I both nod in understanding and they smile once more before taking their overnight bags and Kate and Alisha to the waiting car. Kat shuts the front door blocking our view. She lets out a little squeal and runs up the stairs laughing. I shake my head smiling, excited butterflies becoming present in my stomach. I follow her up the stairs and head to my room to change out of my school uniform. I am pleased to see that the spawn of Satan himself has left for another month and that I no longer have to induce him stabbing me inside until blood starts dripping out. Ok maybe that's just me who thinks like that. I slip on a strapless red dress that dips into a sweetheart neckline showing a little cleavage. It has a thick band of the same soft material just above my hips before the dress flares out a little more underneath, stopping mid thigh. I curl my hair slightly so it has a wavy look about it and leave it down so it flows down my back and shoulders. Next I do my make up so it looks natural before adding a coat of red lipstick to match my dress. Looking at myself in the mirror I realise that I could be a little overdressed dressed for a high school party. I smoothen the soft dress down again with my hands and let out a breath.

Before I know it the people are almost done setting up and I have to admit it looks good. Outside fairy lights have been draped all over the trees out the back and down the driveway out the front. All the furniture has been pushed back in the large living room, becoming the perfect place to set up a dance area. The Dj has massive speakers everywhere with flashing lights and smoke machines near his decks, reminding me of primary school discos. A food table has been set up by waiters in white shirts with snacks and eskys of drinks are scattered throughout the kitchen. There's even some chairs and tables around the edges of the living room and the grass outside. As I take this all in I can't help but have a smile etched onto my lips. We've done good. Glancing at the clock it reads 7:30 and I smile to myself, my butterflies taking over. What am I supposed to do for the next half an hour? From inside there is suddenly a boom as the base begins to pump and the familiar pulse of freaks begins pounding through the speakers, and it's almost as if I can feel it pulsing through my body. Walking back inside I turn the decking lights on dim along with the kitchen and foyer. In the living room the lights are completely turned off so the lights can be seen shining around and occasionally flashing out into the foyer. I make sure the rope we put up across the stairway of the downstairs level is still up and that all the doors are closed. When that is successful I release another breath through my lips and run back up the stairs to my room so I put my shoes on. I double check that all the bedroom doors are shut on the second level as well and check my appearance again. Fiddling with the tape that's ensuring my dress doesn't slip down by accident I then turn around and see my bare back in the mirror, I am pleased when everything looks ok. Suddenly I hear the doorbell ring and I look at the clock wide eyed. It's not even 8 yet. Oh god, it's starting. I begin to hear voices downstairs and send a silent prayer that everything will go well tonight. Knowing my history with parties I am honestly worried for my life. Especially since I am meant to be running this thing.