Chapter 25 ~Feel free to bow down to me~

Outfits to the side :)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

“Close your eyes.” I am instructed by the same lady who did my make up for Undercover Bosses, I do as I am told and close my eyes while some random lady yanks at my hair. I can feel her putting it up and plaiting it, I think. When she came in here I had no clue what would look nice so I am trusting her to do a good job. The soft brushes going over my eyelids are quite ticklish and I’m trying my best not to twitch as she completes her design. Olive blends and wipes my eyelids repeatedly until she gets it perfect and I sit there listening to the tv in the background that my sisters are watching. We are currently in the hotel suite getting ready and I honestly have no idea where John is, he was here when we got home but I haven’t seen him since. He’s getting ready hopefully. After about half an hour I still have my eyes closed and right now I am regretting getting up early, I let out a big yawn, Olive scolds me and I apologise just as the hair lady sprays my hair making me take in a lungful of the spray. I cough a little but she doesn’t stop spraying. I hear when she puts the bottle down on the table and then she fixes a few things up, loose strands and stuff I’m guessing. Eventually the pampering stops and I open my eyes. There is no mirror near me so I can’t see what they’ve done but my dress is hanging up on a rack next to me which Olive takes off the rod and unzips from the black bag. I really want to see what they’ve done to my face and hair but every time we pass a mirror it has something draped over it making me pout.

“Come on lets get you dressed.” She smiles and I nod. I take off my current zip up playsuit they made me change into so I wouldn’t have to pull anything over my styled hair. She places these nude coloured cup things on my boobs, which feel so weird like jelly, but they do the trick. I pull the dress on and she fixes it around my shoulders, she slips some gold heels on my feet that have a thick gold strap around the ankle before stepping back and looking at her work. She smiles but then frowns slightly at the skirt, I look down and frown as well. It all looks normal to me. 

“Liz!” She calls my mum in and she gasps and covers her mouth looking at me. At this point I really want to know what I look like to cause that reaction. I take in how stunning she looks. Her long hair is straightened but the fringe is styled into a quiff type thing that goes sideways. Her makeup is quite natural except for her bright red lips. She’s wearing a white floor length dress that is covered in white sequins, it is tight around her body showing off her slim body perfectly. It has a slit on the back where her leg is visible and on her feet are black strappy heels where her red toes are visible. I stand there awkwardly while they both talk about me in hushed whispers glancing at me every once in a while.

“What’s going on?” I ask as my mum exits the room.

“Your underwear, we can see it sweetie.” The makeup lady says casually and I look down and blush. This whole time they’ve been talking about my underwear? How bloody awkward. 

“Oh.” I say quietly just as my mum comes back into the room holding a nude g-string. My mouth hangs open and I shake my head.

“No way.” I say holding my hands up and backing away from them both. 

“Layli please, it will save you a whole lot of embarrassment.” My mum pleads and I raise my eyebrows.

“I don’t want to have a piece of cloth up my arse for whole night!”

“Layli, please I promise you’ll thank me.” But I cross my arms and shake my head. 

“Come here.” The makeup lady says and I frown suspiciously but edge closer to them both. She pulls one of the sheets off the mirror giving me a full view of my reflection and I look… good. My hair is twisted up into a messy updo with a loose braid on the left side of my head and in my ears big round pearl earrings are visible. On my face you wouldn't even be able to tell I’m wearing makeup if it wasn’t for the eyeshadow on my eyelids. I can now see what I was feeling earlier, my eyelid starts off with silver then gradually blends into a dark brown type colour leaving a goldish in the middle. On my lips is a matte nude lipstick and there’s a slight tinge of pink on my cheeks giving me an innocent look that goes perfect with my outfit. As my eyes make it’s way down my body I can see what they’re talking about, there’s a distinct outline of my undies and I bite my lip. I don’t want to give the tabloids something else to embarrass me about but at the same time having a piece of cloth giving me a wedgie all night doesn’t exactly sound appealing either.