Chapter 6 ~Just me and those abs~

It's 7.00 and we're waiting at the train station for the boys. I should be getting my beauty sleep right now. I don't know whose stupid idea it was to meet at 7:00 on a Saturday morning, oh yea, mine. Mum and John were at work when we got up so they got us dropped off by one of their drivers. He drove into the driveway in a limo, but I didn't want to draw any more attention to myself so he drove one of John's Mercedes-Benz, dropped us off and left. Now we're standing in the already boiling sun with our towels, hats, sunglasses and bags. Now that I think about it, it's probably a good idea to get there early. In this heat on a Saturday the beach is going to be packed, damn, I wish the boys would hurry up or we're going to miss the train. Feeling a head ache coming on I head inside the train station and purchase a nice cold bottle of water. Oh yes that feels lovely. We each take turns putting the cold bottle on our foreheads and decide to buy some more to take with us. Waiting impatiently we decide to head down the stairs to the train when a silver Ferrari comes revving around the corner and comes screeching to a halt in front of us. Hazel's mouth drops open.

"Damn that is one sexy car."

"Indeed." I say fanning myself. We're watching the car when none other than Cameron and Tom jump out of the passenger door, carrying boogie boards in one arm and towels over their shoulders. Trying to get a glimpse of the driver through the tinted windows, the passenger window slides down and I see Cameron's brother Ashely grinning back at me. I've known Ashley for about the length I've known Cam, since the day Cam told his family I was his girlfriend, which was a joke. Let's just say he gave me shit for a while but now he's just a good a friend as Cam. 

"What do you think ladies? Like my new ride." He says revving the engine.

"Can you not? People are looking." Cameron hisses at him. Tom laughs and pats the bonnet. Looking at Tom I can't help but get butterflies again. I get to spend the day with him and hopefully no shirt on, just me and those abs. Ok maybe there's gonna be others but that's beside the point. 

"Well how can they not with this sweet little thing." He says grinning.

"Daddy been hitting the pay checks?" Hazel sneers.

"Nope payed for it all by myself sweetheart." Cameron starts laughing, "Well ok, maybe not all by myself. But I'm 18 now, can access my savings account." 

"So that's what you bought?" 

"Yes dear Layli, this is what I bought. You like?"

"It's pretty hot." I say wiggling my eyebrows. Laughing he says hi to Bella before speeding off out of the train station car park.

"Well that was interesting." Hazel says.

"Very, Come on lets go, before we miss the train." Bella says pointedly at Cameron.

Walking down what seems like 100 steps, we finally reach the soft white sand of the beach. I can see a little stall that is hiring out umbrellas, chairs, buckets and spades. Taking off my thongs I begin walking towards it when my feet start burning. Lifting my feet up higher I run towards the stall, I can hear my friends laughing behind me. Reaching the shade of the booth I ask for an umbrella. Paying, the man hands me the big umbrella and I struggle to carry it towards where my friends have set up.

Putting the umbrella on the ground I put my towel and bag down before picking the umbrella back up and shoving the pole into the ground. It stays upright for a second before leaning sideways then falling over, laughing I pick it up and ask Tom for help, smiling he shoves it into the sand and it stays up perfectly.It's amazing how he's only been friends with us for a week and it already feels like I've known him forever, he just fits right in.