Chapter 17 ~with an enthusiastic smile and thumbs up~

I open my mouth and frown at my mother as I try to think of something to say in response to this. I was just harassed by my ex and she doesn’t want me to go to the police? 

“What the hell is that supposed to mean?” I say loudly. I gain stares from the people sitting in the waiting room and my mum rubs her temples and closes her eyes.

“I’m so sorry honey, I didn’t mean it like that, it’s just if the paparazzi got word of this we’d have a big problem on our hands.” She says hesitantly. I continue to stare at her trying to decide if she's telling the truth or not before scowling at her.

“Well thanks for choosing my safety over your reputation.” I sneer before pushing open the doors of the police station and putting my big sunglasses over my eyes. Looking around the carpark I realise I don’t have a ride home except with my mum and right now I’d rather not be left alone in a car with her incase I stab her with my nails. Why would my mum not want me to go to the police station? It’s just weird that she would more prefer Colin to get away with hurting me than having him face the consequences. Now that I think about it we’ve basically never called the police. I guess there isn’t really any need with her and John’s security but still. Sighing I decide I could walk from here although it’d take a while when I see a familiar jeep drive towards me. Smirking I see Cameron driving and Lesley in the front seat so I quickly move towards them and jump in the back.

“Hey.” Cam acknowledges me, “How was it.”

“Yea alright, she reckons that Colin won’t press charges. Much to his parents disappointment.” I reply grimly. I completely forgot I was going back to my own house today. As much as I don’t want to leave I think the Thompson’s are kind of getting sick of us, and I’d much rather have my own bed back again. I’m sure Kat will agree.

“So it’s his parents that want him to press charges? Sneaky mother fuckers.” He mutters.

“Cameron Thompson!” Lesley scolds making me smile as she smacks his arm.

“Mum seriously, I’m trying to concentrate.” He smirks at me in the review mirror. 

“Concentrate my ass, you’ve been driving since you were 14.” She mutters.

“Mother do not use that language.” He mimics her tone from before causing her to scowl at him. After a few minutes of driving we arrive back at the Thompson’s house and I realise how attached I’ve gotten to this place. When I walk up the stairs I notice Kat packing up her bed, suitcase already done by the door. Leaning on the doorframe I frown when I repeat what she said to me last night in my head.  As much as you might believe it, mum isn’t there for us. Right now I am starting to believe this more and more. Sighing in thought I head to start my packing trying to calm the thoughts swirling around in my brain. I’m going to be bald from stress if I keep this up. Plugging my phone into Cam’s dock I do the only thing that I know will block out my thoughts. Hitting play on Iggy’s album I turn it up successfully getting lost in the lyrics and I begin to clean up all my items of clothing. 

The ride back to our mansion was silent to say the least as our mum failed to acknowledge us. When we arrive back to our mansion I scrunch up my face when I see that there is actually a man in the little booth outside our gate that is always empty. Mum rolls down the window and talks to him before he opens the gate letting us drive up the painfully long driveway. Looking out the window I notice several more men standing in various places on our property and I turn to Kat who has also noticed them. We share a what the hell is going on look before mum parks the car and gets out leaving us inside. I exit the car and open the boot to pull out my bags when two muscly arms grab them out for me and I turn to see a man dressed the same as the others. Black pants, tight black T-shirt, sunglasses and ear pieces. They legit look like the security guards from the movies, all they need is a gun. I look down at his waist and as he turns to take my bags to the house I trail behind. From walking behind him I can see a bulge on his backside and I look at him wide eyed as I realise what it is. Well, looks like they have guns after all. I mutter a thanks as he leaves my bags at the doorstep another one following suit with Kat’s before they return to their stations. What the hell is going on? Kat and I enter the house struggling to pull our suitcases, the first thing I am hit with is how much larger and empty this house feels compared to the Thompson’s home. Walking further in the foyer I look left and right into the lounge room and kitchen to see Kate and Alisha running towards us.