Chapter 12 ~Like a fricken gymnast~

So this chapter is dedicated to @drowning101 for always being so supportive and being one of my favourite commenters who always makes my day. Go check out her book The Everflowing River. Thanks xx

---------------------------------------------

I stuff another handful of popcorn in my mouth trying to please my growling stomach. Well I suppose that's what happens when you don't eat for 2 days it all catches up on you. Apart from being skinnier than I've been all summer my stomach it's like an endless black pit always ready for more. Reaching into the bowl next to me for another handful of popcorn I am disappointed when I realise all that's left is seeds from the un-popped corn. I switch my attention back to the movie currently playing on the Thompson's tv in time to see the credits start rolling. Well perfect timing I guess. I look over to the wall behind me and see it's 3:00 school will be finishing soon, I still can't believe Lesley made me stay home again. I am perfectly fine I only have a slight trace of a cough but even that is clearing up. Standing up from the couch I give my lazy muscles a stretch and let out a big yawn. After texting my friends explaining that Lesley wasn't letting me come to school they agreed to meet me before school tomorrow so I can explain everything to them. Don't even get me started on Ashley, much to everyone's amusement it is so incredibly awkward between us I saw him once this morning as he came down for breakfast and he couldn't even look at me. So much for us sorting our stuff out, after texting Hazel and Bella a brief explanation of this they couldn't let it go and I think telling them may have been one of the biggest mistakes of my life knowing them and Cameron the whole school probably knows by now. And Tom where to start on Tom oh yea no where! He hasn't even made an attempt to contact me these past 3 days. He didn't even have to courtesy to check if I was ok when I was sick. Like I thought the guy liked me, I thought we were in some sort of a relationship! It's like the party all over again I can't believe I let myself fall for such a jerk. Walking around the couch I walk into the kitchen and up to the marble bench top. I rummage through the over head cabinets for something to eat when a brownie mix box catches my attention, yum just what I feel like some fatty, chocolatey goodness. I grab the box out and read that instructions on the back of what I will need. 

"2 eggs and milk." Cool, how hard can it be? After picking two eggs and a carton of milk out from the fridge I pour the powder mixture into a big bowl and make a little ditch in the centre of it where I crack the eggs and pour the milk. Grabbing out a wooden spoon I start mixing the gloopy mixture together. It's so quiet, with Lesley and David at work until 5 and the boys and Kat at school I have the house to myself. After having a quick swim by myself this morning I didn't see any reason to change out of my bikini, like I'm home alone so why not? So here I am making brownies in my bikini with a low cut sided singlet over my top half. Music! That's what I need. Leaving the wooden spoon in the bowl I grab my phone and stick it in the dock under the tv which is hooked up to the theatre speakers. Pressing shuffle on my songs Freaks begins to pound through the speakers and I turn it up so it sounds like some sort of house party. Yes this is what I'm talking about, I dance back over to the kitchen and begin mixing again while moving in time with the bass. No one will even know there was brownies I'll eat them all before everyone gets home with the boys at footy training for a few hours. After a few more songs the now dark brown mix is smooth and ready to cook. I line a deep tray with baking paper and pour the mix in from the big bowl and put it in the oven for 20 minutes. Bobbing my bum around as I bend to put the dirty utensils in the dishwasher. I close the dishwasher and wash my hands just as Iggy's bounce starts up and I look over to the front door seeing what I expected, no one's home even though school has ended. Grinning I jump up onto the counter and start belting out the lyrics as the chorus starts. 

"Bounce make it make it bounce! Shake it break it make it bounce!" Then the beat changes into the electro party music and I close my eyes going into my own world waving my arms and swinging my hips. Yelling the rap as I know it off by heart.